All recorded videos locked

Bez3000

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Does anyone else have the issue with their Mini 0801 locking all their video files?! I've searched for anyone else having this issue but I can't see any mention of it.

I've recently updated my firmware to version 20131202 and now the camera locks all video files. I've tried taking motion detection off, tried different settings of the g-sensor and tried recalibrating the sensor. Nothing seems to be working. Any ideas?!

Maybe reformat the card and try updating the firmware.

Thanks for the reply. I just tried that with no success. As soon as it started recording again it locked the file.

I'm pretty sure I've used the right firmware but just in case, can anyone confirm the right file for a GPS version without internal memory? That's the only other thing I can think of!

This happened to my 0801 as well. I turned the g-sensor off and it stopped doing it. I assumed that the g-sensor had broken so I sent it back.

I'm using the firmware from Tobi@s, which you'll find here: FIRMWARE

and having no problems . Make sure you choose "GPS + External card".

Also try setting the G sensor to "5G" (the least sensitive).

Thanks for all your comments guys. They're really appreciated!

In the short term I've turned my GPS off as per ZappAstrim's suggestion but I'm 99% sure that the hardware is fine, but the firmware has effected it. With that in mind I'll update with the firmware you've linked to Mr. Black and see if that makes a difference.

I'll keep you posted! :)

Thanks for all your comments guys. They're really appreciated!

In the short term I've turned my GPS off as per ZappAstrim's suggestion but I'm 99% sure that the hardware is fine, but the firmware has effected it. With that in mind I'll update with the firmware you've linked to Mr. Black and see if that makes a difference.

I'll keep you posted! :)

Not GPS, G-SENSOR.
Turn G-Sensor off. It might have malfunctioned so the DashCam might think you're in a COLLISION and automatically LOCK the files.

Not GPS, G-SENSOR.
Turn G-Sensor off. It might have malfunctioned so the DashCam might think you're in a COLLISION and automatically LOCK the files.
Sorry, that's what I meant. I've turned the g-sensor off. Going to try some different firmware over the weekend.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
M Mini 0801 3
M Mini 0801 2
Back