Almost got taken out...intentionally I think

DaveLC2

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
DOD LS360W
Yeah this one really has me thinking hard. What was on their mind? Were they just trying to commit suicide by intentionally hitting me head on?!! All I know this was too damn close for me. I was headed home after working a 12hr shift on my day off. I am always on hyper alert when I am working on my days off. In the past, co-workers would always get in trouble or even get fired when working on their day off for some strange reason. So I was headed home after a long shift when I would normally be at home in bed. I was only about 10 minutes away from home or roughly 3/4 of the way home when I was driving on Hwy 171 near Coolidge, TX in a 70mph zone. There was hardly anyone on the road and I saw a vehicle coming my way. No biggie, but then as they got closer it veered right toward me and was completely in my lane after what looked like a Jeep Cherokee passed me. I am reasonably certain I would not be typing or breathing if I hadn’t swerved. It’s hard to tell with the lights but it was close. Luckily my car is light and nimble so swerving at that speed was no big deal.
Near miss

Here is a screenshot E01F3511-8F9E-42CC-8F3A-AFE67F15E3A6.png

Dayum that's close :eek: Glad you avoided the crash, that would have been nasty to the extreme.

Phil

Daum ! the blame probably fall on a picture of a cupcake, where as in the good old days it would have been a drunk person.

Last edited:
Dayum that's close :eek: Glad you avoided the crash, that would have been nasty to the extreme.

Phil
Yeah me too. I was driving my Ford Focus SVT or ST170 overseas. I would have been a pancake.

Attachments

• 6DF53901-2972-411E-90B9-9F28E8EFD9E8.jpeg
    6DF53901-2972-411E-90B9-9F28E8EFD9E8.jpeg
    580.4 KB · Views: 11
Yeah while crumble zones ASO have come a long way, then you should still keep clear of head on collisions at highway speeds, CUZ thats just a recipe for pain and suffering, or worse.

Drunk, not paying attention, on phone....sleepy.

Yeah. All the old factors are still there, but i think phone use are outgunning all of them combined.

Here someone ran down a little girl, and ran, fortunately there was witnesses and the police soon found a car matching the description.

Edit: just found news on this case, it was a 29 YO man drunk ( 2.02 BAC ) that ran over the 11 YO girl and killed her.
O and this was right in front of her parents and her little brother was cycling next to her.
Sadly and most embarrassing the Danish judicial system have no proper means to deal with something like this, so the guy will get a insulting low sentence for his horrible deed.

Last edited:
Back