(Almost) no sound in gitup2

silverwolf

Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
hello everyone,

I'm the guy from this thread, and finally I got my gitup2 replacement! Thanks to @gitup for the service.

For almost a month I used this camera. I noticed that the audio is somehow very bad. I almost can't hear the voice on the video. Using a case worsen the situation.

I provide an examples in this playlist : https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDxZwwH42xLP94S-8Y0jja4uQvYvuoTNS. I uploaded 3 videos, each of them represents the volume level (low, medium, high). But you can see the sound is low. The distance of the camera and me is only like 60cm. I speak in normal tone. Note that I didn't speak English in this video.

For the raw, it is available at [] . I also put the copy of the files which I increase the volume level manually by 25dB. It gets better, but full of noise. However, this simple technique can't be applied in normal video where I talk a bit further.

Any clue on this?

Thanks!

Last edited:
Do you use the built-in microphone? Don't expect anything from it, all these cameras have the cheapest pieces of hardware used as microphones inside.
And if you use the internal mic, do you seriously ask why the sound gets low if you use a case?

I did my research before buying.

I'm well aware that using a case worsen the situation, but that is not my main concern. Yes, I'm using the internal mic, but it should be 'hearable', not like in my videos above.

Well, in short, I just need confirmation whether this is normal or not.

I speak based on this :
-
-
-
-

Please keep in mind: whenever you want to have a good sound of your voice on a recording, you should be rather close to the microphone. There are microphones that allow to stay away in a distance, but you don't want to pay them, I bet.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
E Git2 16
Pavle Git2 54
Back