Alpine DVR-F200 Advanced Dash Cam (microSD)

Martino Papesso

Reaction score
Country
Italy
Dash Cam
Alpine DVR-F200
Which is the best card for my dash cam (Alpine DVR-F200)?
The instructions indicate that I can choose from the following cards:

dashcam.jpg

I saw this video :
This one is recommended:
Kingstone Canvas Go ! Plus
I do not know if this micro SD is compatible with my dashcam because I do not see UHS-1 written.
Many thanks.
Martino.

UHS-I standard it's a very general description and it can cover a great variety of memory cards. Some very poor unbranded cards can have UHS-I standard.

Yes, that Kingston has this standard (see the photo below) and it's a very good card (that specific model).
If it is compatible or not, depends on many other facts, like the hardware or/and the software of the dashcam, a dashcam wich is unpopular and quite unknown (a Thinkware with Alpine badge?), but i think it is compatible.

Attachments

• 20230205_185824.jpg
    20230205_185824.jpg
    170.5 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
Dadi_T the instructions of my dash cam say that the micro SD must be UHS-1: 16 GB or 32 GB or 64 GB or 128 GB (or 10 class 8 GB ).
It should be enough to read the instructions to choose the right microSD, or am I wrong?
Many thanks for your explanation.

Yes, it should. But in real world it's not. Most of memory cards are not build for endless wright and erase, like loop recording of a dashcam.
Very few are advertise as suitable for dashcam/surveilance use.
It doesn't mean that a card will not work if it's not advertise for dashcam use, but it could fail even if those very general requirements (UHS-1: 16 GB or 32 GB or 64 GB or 128 GB (or 10 class 8 GB ) ) are fulfilled.

May I know, the most suitable micro SD card for a dashcam?

Ciao Martino. Welcome to the forum.
Your Alpine camera are not something that have been mentioned in here, so probably hard to find anyone with actual user experience.

I am currently testning a 256 GB Kingston canvas GO plus card in another brand camera, it seem to work fine, this is a "regular" memory card so it actually do not have warranty for when used in dashcams.
This is not really a big problem, it is in general what we have used in our cameras for the past 10 years, but if possible i do now recommend that people look at cards that do have dashcam use warranty, this are often the "Endurance" branded cards.
But these endurance cards are often a little more expensive.

Also lately i have added a PNY card called XLR8, it is generally for mobile gaming consoles, but it have also worked just fine in 2 cameras

In general the only memory cards i have gotten lately that have had issues with one or more cameras have been the Adata Endurance card, and then the new white Samsung EVO plus.

These are some of my memory cards i test with, this lot all work fine in a Viofo A229 system.
The kingston select plus card, i have had that for a while and i can not think of a system it have not worked in, it is also one of the cheaper cards in Denmark.
img_20230129_224425-jpg.63851

Your camera look like a rebranded Thinkware F200 system, maybe take a liik in the forum for those to see if people mention what they use

There is a user that have tested the Thinkware F200 pro https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/thinkware-f200-pro.44277/

Uu can PM the user by pressing on his avartar and select " start conversation "

Alpine F200.
iu

Thinkware F200
iu

Last edited:
Thinkware cameras are actually known for being a little fuzzy about what memory cards they like, same go for the Blackvue brand of cameras.

Hello kamkar.

My camera is branded 'alpine' but the memory card adapter (included in the package) as well as the microSD are both branded thinkware.
The app I need for my dashcam is also thinkware.
microSD

Back