Alpine DVR-F800PRO

robegian

Reaction score
Country
Italy
Dash Cam
Thinkware Q800PRO
Hi all, I've just bought an Alpine DVR-F800PRO which actually is a Thinkware F800 PRO rebranded.

Like several other F800PRO users, I'm disappointed about daylight video quality, which happens to be generally worse than my previous, cheap dash cam's (Aukey DR02). The main issue is the blocky 10MBps recording, which could be improved through a firmware update but it has not been so far (and I'm not confident it will).

I'm also finding issues with the hotspot link, since usually the unit can't connect to my iPhone SE's hotspot (after the first successful connection, when I step out of the car and later I come back, the two devices don't connect and I have to repeat the process of a first connection). Actually the whole process of the Wi-Fi and hotspot connection is messy and inefficient.

Moreover, the 64GB High Endurance Sandisk MicroSD card I was using with the Aukey Dashcam is regularly formatted by the F800 PRO and continuous recordings are successfully saved BUT when I turn off the car and later I turn it on again, the unit asks to format the card again and again (the format process is claimed as successful at first but when the unit tries to access the card afterwards, an error occurs and the unit asks to format the card again, and the cycle repeats).

Finally, I can't upgrade my F800 PRO's firmware: maybe it's because it's distributed as an Alpine product — the firmware upgrade file is not available anywhere in the Alpine web site, the app doesn't find any upgrade and if I unzip on the MicroSD card the firmware upgrade v. 1.03.07 I found in the Thinkware site, the unit simply ignores it.

Anyone else here using an Alpine F800 PRO?

Oops... I posted this in the wrong forum, since this is the Q800/Q800PRO section and not the F800/F800PRO's — I apologise!

Back