Always exiting out of the menu after a few seconds

wumpyr99

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Hi,
Trying to do anything in the menu, or just navigate through video files - the unit keeps doing a double beep then exiting out of the menu. It is very frustrating. Even just pressing the button to pull up the menu, it will double beep and exit very quickly by itself before I have a chance to do anything.

v1.10

thank you

Auto Restart = OFF
(btw, what is this really doing? the manual isn't crystal clear).

the auto restart function is to restart the camera if it's not recording, card problem, you've entered the menu and forgot etc, the default setting is 1 minute, if no recording or left in the menu for one minute and not doing anything the camera will restart and commence recording again, the OFF setting is something we sometimes need to use in testing but realistically it's not the best choice for normal use, better to have the auto restart working as intended

would probably suggest reloading the firmware as a starting point and see if you still have issues with it kicking you out of the menu, can download the firmware here https://bit.ly/SG9663DRfirmwareV1-10

I have set Auto Restart to 1 minute just to start with. Interestingly, it started to behave fine straight after changing it. So I changed it back to OFF but didn't start to misbehave.

I have never touched auto start on any camera, TBH i am a little amazed that option are open for users.

It is set to 1 minute. I was just trying to see if I could recreate the problem.

I just started the upgrade to 1.12 following the exact instructions provided. The new firmware is on. I got up to resetting to default settings after formatting the card. After the reboot, I'm constantly fighting the unit because it keeps double beeping and exiting me out of the menu. I can't change any values because it keeps doing this. What is the issue?

No, nothing stuck, all buttons appear ok. Today I checked it again, it's not doing it, yesterday it would do it repeatedly and has done it quite a lot in the past.

Back