Always on cigarette lighter

Kimsanamm

Reaction score
Country
United States
I have a chev pickup and the lighters are always on. Can these be wired to work only when the truck is running. ?

Last edited:
Chevy made an F150? Does Ford know? :)

Unplug the dash cam when you park?

Chevy made an F150? Does Ford know? :)

Unplug the dash cam when you park?
You pointed out an error in my post but you posted a solution that was the reason I posted the question.
Your post made you seem smart but did not help.

Hi, Mimsanamm, welcome to the forum. A lot of members have vehicles with 'always on' lighter sockets, some choose to have their dashcams hardwired to an accessory circuit at the fuse panel, while others use a switched adapter plugged into the lighter. My car is
'always on' and I use an adapter which is conveniently placed so that I can just flip a switch when I get in. One of the benefits to this is that when turn off the car to go into the store or shopping centre, the camera keeps recording.

Here is an example of a switched adapter, there are smaller ones :

car-charger-lighter-usb-four-cigarette-sockets.jpg

You pointed out an error in my post but you posted a solution that was the reason I posted the question.
Your post made you seem smart but did not help.

And your post seemed to be made by somebody on the internet for the first time. (Again, I'll include a :) to indicate my reply was made in good nature. )

I have an early 2000's GM pickup. Two lighter sockets. One always on, one only on when the ignition switch is on.

A little more info about the specific truck you have may make it easier to get something other than a yes/no/yes if you throw a lot of money at it answer.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S Action Camera Discussion 92
Back