Always on parking mode and fried batteries!!

Zafira_68

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all.
New member after advice.
I am using 412gw with R12.4 firmware hard wired for continuous 12volt feed to enable intelligent parking mode. wondered if this will shorten battery life as on 402g and 502g.
Also If I roll back to 9.5 to get rid of dual file and Nextbase logo, will this prohibit use of the parking mode.
regards

Thanks joklin, Nextbase actively recommend both 12v ign and 12v permanent. Wonder if they will supply new batteries if they degrade!!

You would lose the intelligent parking mode if you revert yes, as this was introduced after 9.5.

You'll still get a good life expectancy from it, battery replacement services are available if required.

Thanks for the reply Tiffany.
When will a firmware update be available to choose between dual file setup and nextbase logo,
I would not mind logo if it was less intrusive i.e. smaller and possibly lower left or right on screen.
Not really professional to just roll back a firmware when more advanced features are added in newer updates!!!

I agree - it's not the best idea but if customers really really want to lose those features that is currently the only way :(.

I can email you when the new firmware is available, the other half of are just being tested, shouldn't be too much longer.

I think with the logo, if it's decided to leave it there (all models) then make it semi transparent so what's behind it can still be seen.

I can't test it because now I have the 380 my 412 has been donated to a friend in Spain :cool:

Back