Am I reading this correctly?

Pecon4

Reaction score
Country
Ireland
I have a 512GW at the moment and was about to upgrade to the 522 when I decided to check the forum for comments. One that I found was about the length of protected files, which if I am reading it right says that they are restricted to 30 seconds, can this be correct?. The 512 has a much longer coverage than this and would make the 522 much less attractive, at least to me.

Welcome to DCT @Pecon4 :)
Yes, you have read the comments correctly and I'd suggest you read all the comments about this cam before purchasing as it seems to still have several unresolved issues. 30 seconds might be barely adequate for the purpose but most other cams provide far more, which is why there has been note and discussion of this function.

Phil

Thanks Phil, well that's a sale lost as this would be of no use to me, nor to most I suspect. Looking through the comments it seems as though there is no way to improve the time so I guess that I will continue to hold onto the 512 until 532 makes it to the market. What a pity things like this are not picked up pre production as it seems a basic fault.

Peter

You do realise though, that the camera will have recorded before and after, and if you have a reasonable sized card, it can be filled with hours of recordings, and in the heat of the moment, 30 seconds is quite a lot.

I realise that, however if you have ever been involved in an accident you will know just how quickly thirty seconds can pass.

But you need the clip that leads up to the 30 seconds clip as well.
The parking mode only catches sight of the culprit driving away as the video is not buffered.

I wonder if we are talking about the same function?. I was under the impression that when I press the record button that the video length was limited to 30 seconds unlike the 512 which records for much longer . I was not referring to the parking mode which I have stopped using on the 512 due to the number of activations.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Hey Hoser 522GW 14
Back