Am I the first to order the LUKAS LK-7900 ACE?

Al Drake

Reaction score
Country
United States
After ordering the newest LUKAS LK-7900 ACE I find that the seller of the optional circular polarizer lens doesn't know if it fits this newer model. I will be a bit disappointed if it doesn't and there are no other venders that offer this lens. Does anyone know the email for Apple-CT? I can't find it on his site. Only a phone number but I rather deal with email. The picture of the lens shows it to be what looks like a standard 37mm and if that's the case they can be had for a fraction of the costs on many sites. Just wondering if anybody has this camera yet.

Ben180 said:
http://www.lukashd.com/eng/contact_info/contact_info.html
I'm probably going to buy one too. How much did you pay if you dont mind me asking.
$250 I think I've seen but then there's import tax and I want a 128gb memory card. So I'll probably be sending near £250 in total.

I paid $399 from Apple-CT. I didn't see it anywhere cheaper. I saw other models for less. If I want something I get it and don't spend much time trying to save a few bucks. I know in a year or less most of what I buy now will be outdated anyway. I didn't pay any shipping or tax. I live in New Hampshire and delivery looks like it might be about a week. That I was surprised at.

Al Drake said:
Ben180 said:
I'm probably going to buy one too. How much did you pay if you dont mind me asking.
$250 I think I've seen but then there's import tax and I want a 128gb memory card. So I'll probably be sending near £250 in total.

I paid $399 from Apple-CT. I didn't see it anywhere cheaper. I saw other models for less. If I want something I get it and don't spend much time trying to save a few bucks. I know in a year or less most of what I buy now will be outdated anyway. I didn't pay any shipping or tax. I live in New Hampshire and delivery looks like it might be about a week. That I was surprised at.
$250 was with a 8gb memory card or $399 with 128gb memory card both on ebay.ca I think. To be fair if you pay big money now the cam should last a few years which makes it worthwhile. I've only got a cheap one on now because the standard of driving is getting worse however camera quality is so bad that I'm looking for a top of the range one that I can keep for years :)

Ben180 said:
Al Drake said:
Ben180 said:

$250 was with a 8gb memory card or $399 with 128gb memory card both on ebay.ca I think. To be fair if you pay big money now the cam should last a few years which makes it worthwhile. I've only got a cheap one on now because the standard of driving is getting worse however camera quality is so bad that I'm looking for a top of the range one that I can keep for years :)

I don't think the cameras are bad. I think they are all they could be unless you are waiting for the 3-D versions. It's only a ride. You would need a co-pilot to get better shots.

Hi Al,

If you are still looking for the apple-ct email address, check out his post here. He is a member of this forum.

Last edited by a moderator:
DashCamMan said:
Hi Al,

If you are still looking for the apple-ct email address, check out his post here. He is a member of this forum.

Thanks for that.

DashCamMan said:
Hi Al,

I guess he doesn't answer his email. I am thinking of returning the unit when I get it without even opening it and buying one from a different seller that offers this CLP with the camera. This is the only reason I ordered it in the first place.

Ordered mine today on Ebay, with CPL and extra battery. Also got the JAEWONCNC power cutoff cable, which offers a 12.4v cutoff. Hopefully, I made the right decision. :ugeek:

Swordfish said:
Ordered mine today on Ebay, with CPL and extra battery. Also got the JAEWONCNC power cutoff cable, which offers a 12.4v cutoff. Hopefully, I made the right decision. :ugeek:

I think we both bought a good camera. Maybe I should have not gone for the 128G SD card as it was a bit expensive and I'm not sure if I need a card that big and I couldn't find a CPL at the time I ordered. I thought Apple-ct would be there for that but he has been a no-show on this one. It looks like the camera might accept any 37mm type filter. I have many that I use on a Sony Camcorder that I am hoping will work. There is also a large selection from various sellers for short money. I hope to get my LUKAS any time now and can't wait.

Good luck with yours.

Al.

I hope to hear more about how this camera preforms. I like the small form factor. Where are you installing the DVR? I would like a small/inconspicuous camera with good heat tolerance and this seems like it. I currently have the F500LDH and it seems to work fine, rather big. I only run it when moving and the weather in CA hasn't been too warm yet.

Thanks all,
CB

cobhom said:
I hope to hear more about how this camera preforms. I like the small form factor. Where are you installing the DVR? I would like a small/inconspicuous camera with good heat tolerance and this seems like it. I currently have the F500LDH and it seems to work fine, rather big. I only run it when moving and the weather in CA hasn't been too warm yet.

Thanks all,
CB

I need to know more about this device also. I just downloaded the user manual.

http://www.lukashd.com/index_eng.html

I am not sure about the installation yet. This will be my third DC so I have to decide which one will go where.

Thanks. I bought mine from green-sum for a total of $260. I plan to use my existing 128GB Sandisk so I just got the 8GB version. What really attracted me to this was the SD card ability -- no need to worry about space. I hope the night shots will be as good as the ones I saw on YouTube.

Swordfish said:
Thanks. I bought mine from green-sum for a total of $260. I plan to use my existing 128GB Sandisk so I just got the 8GB version. What really attracted me to this was the SD card ability -- no need to worry about space. I hope the night shots will be as good as the ones I saw on YouTube.

I guess it depends on how long you intend on using your card before you remove it and format it. I am having second thoughts about even using a card so large. If it is recommended that an SD card be formatted once a week then it's logical that the capacity of the card be only as large as needed. Without doing any quick calculations I would guess a card half or one quarter that size would be the limit. Then another way to determine how often to format a card would not be a week but miles or how many times the card is filled. If the card becomes corrupted then you have more to lose. I think I will go with the strategy of replacing the card once a week with a freshly formatted one. I drive 80 miles a day and the 32Gig cards seem to be just right.
I too like what I see for quality. I am confidant what I see is what I will get.

Looks like a great camera guys... do you know if it can show the speed in MPH also or just KM/h. I tried looking thru the manual but couldn't find anything.

Chad said:
Looks like a great camera guys... do you know if it can show the speed in MPH also or just KM/h. I tried looking thru the manual but couldn't find anything.

Here it shows a small line at the bottom of a great quality video but it's not MPH

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7bzwOIWo2ME
I have seen other clips that show the voice warnings in English. I 'll know more later today when it's delivered.

Chad said:
You can change it to MPH using the Lukas Viewer.

Hi,

Does anyone know the bitrate of the lk-7900 recordings?

thanks

P

superpat said:
Hi,

Does anyone know the bitrate of the lk-7900 recordings?

thanks

P
I just got my device this afternoon. So far I am very impressed. I will have to wait until tomorrow to test it out on the way to work so I will post back with further reports. I was able to shoot a few clips inside and it shows the bit rate of

Attachments

• Lukas bit rate.PNG
    Lukas bit rate.PNG
    12 KB · Views: 164
Al Drake said:
I just got my device this afternoon. So far I am very impressed. I will have to wait until tomorrow to test it out on the way to work so I will post back with further reports. I was able to shoot a few clips inside and it shows the bit rate of
Thanks for this. Mine's (hopefully) on its way -- the tracking number isn't working. Looking forward to your videos.

Back