Amazon cracking down on fake reviews - Aukey Delisted

No one claimed or stated anything about how Aukey grew from selling cameras. The post you replied to was clearly talking about how Wyze grew from selling cameras into a wide range of products.

Quotes matter.
yeah Helg was the one that mentioned cheap cameras (at Wyze prices) that were a price dumping strategy which wasn't sustainable, went off on a bit of a tangent there, apologies for the confusion but I wasn't referring to the Wyze product or anything related to their product

yeah Helg was the one that mentioned cheap cameras (at Wyze prices) that were a price dumping strategy which wasn't sustainable, went off on a bit of a tangent there, apologies for the confusion but I wasn't referring to the Wyze product or anything related to their product

So does Wyze make decent home security cameras?? Seems price dumping doesn't always mean quality. After all, price dumping could be a means to getting rid of old stock because new and better stock has arrived.

For example, Viofo may one day decide the A119 V3 is no longer a viable product and sales drop off. Deeply discounting remaining inventory in order to move existing stock.

Or Price dumping may be a means to get people to buy a new product that companies heavily promote for a very limited time. In order to get brand recognition, before normalizing prices.

have never seen the product, unsure what it's like

just to clarify, I know of the product, when I said never seen the product I did mean physically never seen one

just to clarify, I know of the product, when I said never seen the product I did mean physically never seen one

There are a few naysayers because the firmware needed attention but for the money the product is a remarkable bargain. Some Tibetan guys I know own a gas station/convenience store/Momo takeout joint and they use WyzeCams thoughout the whole place and they do an amazing job as seen on the big monitor behind the counter. As a business, they probably spent a fraction of what other systems would have cost them. Physically, the product is well manufactured and highly reliable.

I noticed last visit that they now also have a couple of outdoor Amazon Blink cams facing their parking area which they've added to their network.

I don't think they're available in our market, not that I've ever seen at least, they're certainly bargain priced in the US market

As I've mentioned elsewhere on the forum the WyzeCam is a rebranded Xiaomi XiaoFang with their own proprietary firmware, so the cam is available world wide with Xiaomi's firmware. I think WyzeCam may be marketing in Europe nowadays too but I'm not certain about that.

I don't think they're available in our market, not that I've ever seen at least, they're certainly bargain priced in the US market

Bargain can mean one of two things. Bargain being made like crap, doesn't last long, and performs poorly. Bargain can also mean a very well made product that functions exceptionally, is extremely popular, and competitively priced.

So wondering which of those two categories Wyze fits into.

Bargain can mean one of two things. Bargain being made like crap, doesn't last long, and performs poorly. Bargain can also mean a very well made product that functions exceptionally, is extremely popular, and competitively priced.

So wondering which of those two categories Wyze fits into.
from feedback I've seen they're not perfect, but in saying that regardless of what you spend nothing is perfect and they seem to perform far better than a lot of higher priced alternatives

from feedback I've seen they're not perfect, but in saying that regardless of what you spend nothing is perfect and they seem to perform far better than a lot of higher priced alternatives

I mean at that price point, expectations are probably tempered and reserved. So if they function even "Good" or "Great" most people are probably happy. All products have quirks, but some are fatal flaws and others are just annoyances.

1. Viofo A129 Duo dupe frame - Annoyance
2. Zenfox T3 Overheating - Fatal Flaw

So something that doesn't impair or reduce the functionality of a product is often deemed acceptable. I.E. Product doesn't freeze, overheat, or fail to perform the given task on a regular basis. Occasional Hiccups are often expected on most products. Which is why firmware updates are released.

Whenever I search Amazon for some products the company names are unknown but the images are often identical and the reviews look dodgy. No detail, just 5* and a short illogical review.

I'm glad they're still at it, but I still don't expect the approach to work, just the same as their new "3rd party seller" refund policy :cautious: It's like sending people out to capture c0ckroaches with tweezers- too many will get away and pop up again as the problem simply grows larger and larger :(

Phil

I'm glad they're still at it, but I still don't expect the approach to work, just the same as their new "3rd party seller" refund policy :cautious: It's like sending people out to capture c0ckroaches with tweezers- too many will get away and pop up again as the problem simply grows larger and larger :(

Phil

Amazon could easily crack down on this problem by having a "Report a Fake" feature. Where if items get flagged, Amazon does a quality assurance check. Delisting items / banning sellers whose accounts are found to be in violation.

But I'm sure Amazon preferred the hands off and we profit from people getting screwed by fakes. Only taking action after that article and others began exposing the problem. And by action, I'm sure Amazon is just saving face. The problems will continue.

Amazon could easily crack down on this problem by having a "Report a Fake" feature. Where if items get flagged, Amazon does a quality assurance check. Delisting items / banning sellers whose accounts are found to be in violation.

But I'm sure Amazon preferred the hands off and we profit from people getting screwed by fakes. Only taking action after that article and others began exposing the problem. And by action, I'm sure Amazon is just saving face. The problems will continue.

Amazon has had a "Report Abuse" link on each of their reviews for years.

abuse_link.jpg

Amazon has had a "Report Abuse" link on each of their reviews for years.

Report Abuse and "Report Fakes" aren't one in the same. Reporting individual user Abuse for fake comments, derogatory reviews, etc. versus a retailer selling Fakes aren't synonymous. Again, Amazon needs a Mechanism to flag sellers who are offloading fakes as genuine. In order to trigger a Quality Assurance Review by Amazon.

All these delisted companies got away with abuse for so long because Amazon turned a blind eye.

For anything meaningful to change, Amazon needs to be more proactive and truly have a mechanism in place to flag, review, and ultimately remove inferior and fake products.

Last edited:
Report Abuse and "Report Fakes" aren't the same. Reporting individual user Abuse for fake comments, derogatory reviews, etc. a retailer selling Fakes. Again, Amazon needs a Mechanism to flag sellers who are offloading fakes as genuine. In order to trigger a Quality Assurance Review by Amazon.

All these delisted companies got away with abuse for so long because Amazon turned a blind eye.

For anything meaningful to change, Amazon needs to be more proactive and truly have a mechanism in place to flag and remove inferior and fake products.

Many people have alerted Amazon to bogus reviews via the "abuse" link. People can use the link to report anything they feel is "abusive" including bogus reviews. That's why they put the link directly in each review. Aside from that, Amazon has a review process before they will even post a review. Amazon has indeed been lax about preventing bogus or questionable reviews and they need to address that but asserting the "report abuse" link isn't the equivalent to some imaginary "report fake" link you are proposing is simply not valid. The difference between "report abuse" and "report fakes" you alleged is merely semantics.

Back