AMAZON MEMORY CARD SALE

I need a mini 128 (x2)

I suppose largest memory is better to prevent too many overwrites but I just can't bring myself to pay $100 for an SD card that will probably be less than 1/4th price in less than a year, especially half capacity is 1/4th price now.

Are there any other deals on 128GB's?
Is this (128GB) high endurance card?

Thanks, I just typed a message in another thread about not being able to find anything over 64GB.
So in this case if we are going to be using 128GB or higher, we might as well use what we have (I have a few 64s and 32s lying around) and save money because highest capacity 128 or 256 will not be any more reliable than lower capacity cards, unless it's High Endurance, right?

a good quality large card can still be as reliable as a smaller High Endurance card, some of the U3 and A1 cards aimed at UHD video use are very similar in spec to the High Endurance cards but do allow faster access which is a nice convenience to have when dealing with large memory sizes

I suppose largest memory is better to prevent too many overwrites but I just can't bring myself to pay $100 for an SD card that will probably be less than 1/4th price in less than a year, especially half capacity is 1/4th price now.

Are there any other deals on 128GB's?
Is this (128GB) high endurance card?

Do you think prices will drop to half within a year? Because prices have been steady for several years now

"Several years" is a stretch, but the prices of 32 and 64 are so low that any drop in price doesn't look significant.

If you look at 128s, or if you look at when large capacities were first released, you can see that while their prices don't necessarily go down, instead they release double the capacity with only 1/4th price increase, so it would go from $50 to $65 or $100 to $125 for double capacity and eventually it would go down to same price.

128's surely dropped almost in half in less than 12 months, although there are a lot of fakes on the market. I don't like ebay, but Amazon has been OK, at least we can return easily, but I'd go and buy them in store as safest bet, even if I have to pay add'l 10% or more.

new.png

Last edited:
Back