Street Guardian USA

Retailer
Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
StreetGuardian.CAM Amazon.com

http://www.amazon.com/b?ref_=tsm_1_yt_s_amzn_mx3eqp&node=8037720011

We're excited to share Prime Air — something the team has been working on in our next generation R&D lab.

The goal of this new delivery system is to get packages into customers' hands in 30 minutes or less using unmanned aerial vehicles.

Putting Prime Air into commercial use will take some number of years as we advance the technology and wait for the necessary FAA rules and regulations.

Check out this footage from a recent test flight.

Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Is this science fiction or is this real?
A: It looks like science fiction, but it's real. From a technology point of view, we'll be ready to enter commercial operations as soon as the necessary regulations are in place. The Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) is actively working on rules for unmanned aerial vehicles.

Q: One day we'll see a fleet of Prime Air vehicles in the sky?
A: Yes. One day, Prime Air vehicles will be as normal as seeing mail trucks on the road today.

Q: When will I be able to choose Prime Air as a delivery option?
A: We hope the FAA's rules will be in place as early as sometime in 2015. We will be ready at that time.

Q: How are you going to ensure public safety?
A: The FAA is actively working on rules and an approach for unmanned aerial vehicles that will prioritize public safety. Safety will be our top priority, and our vehicles will be built with multiple redundancies and designed to commercial aviation standards.

Prime Air will work only for the world from "The Truman Show" where everything is perfect and where society is humanistic. Unfortunately in our cruel real world those "droids" will be an easy target for kiddos or other "enhusiastic" persons for example who want to practice their shooting skills from airsoft guns ;)

If our world would be perfect, where every driver follow rules, then there wouldn't be this forum.

But idea / concept is great and innovative.

I think the Danish goverment will be interested in this, it seem they are working hard to get as mutch tecnology between them self and the Citizens here.

Starting next year there will be no paper going out from goverment offices, it will all be elektronic and you will be forced to get a e-mail adress at least. ( if you dont have one, one will be provided )

I dont like where Things are going here. :mad:

I see SF-EXPRESS in China test this soem months ago.
s_95096737ef01456f863c3d9de9aa621d.jpg

1378109021205.jpg

They sound like mosquitoes, but reminds me of the Star Wars speeders race scenes. I need one that can launch out the sunroof to check what's jamming up the traffic ahead.

KuoH

Here is the advanced training course for future drone delivery operators.

Now thats a nice spot, just the place where i would build my house.

I nearly bought one of these the other day - some of the videos like that Lake Champion one are just awesome.

The thing is I'd probably end up with something like this happening:

Embedded media from this media site is no longer available

Now thats a nice spot, just the place where i would build my house.

Lake Champlain happens to be in the US state that I live in, Vermont. It's a beautiful place to live indeed. One hundred twenty five mile long Lake Champlain even has its own legendary cryptid lake monster to rival the Loch Ness Monster. It is affectionately known as Champ and like the creature at Loch Ness it has never been proven to exist but there have been 300 alleged sightings over the years going back to the times of the Native Americans.

The Mansi photo - 1977
1977-SandiMansi_200x160.jpg

Last edited:
Back on the topic of drones for deliveries and other uses I can already imagine what it might be like twenty years from now when we have daily drone traffic reports in the media and citizen groups complaining about the constant humming and buzzing noises above their homes. There will probably be some kind of drone traffic cop monitoring system too handing out virtual tickets for infractions of the drone traffic codes. Of course, all the drones will have one or more cameras and this will create its own kettle of fish among the vox populi.

Last edited:
I'll bet there will be hackers who will try to intercept Amazon Prime Air drones and redirect their destinations and pirate drones that will swoop down and steal packages right after delivery. The future should get real interesting....a noisy!

I met someone recently (admittedly he seemed a bit crazy) that was looking at developing some sort of no fly zone to knock drones out of the air above his home as he saw future commercial opportunities for this type of product

Back