Amazon will now deliver packages to the trunk of your car

she'd never survive in China with such long lead times :p the copies come out before the originals sometimes

I don't think you understand the concept. It's not a product category for the Chinese to clone, it's something a petty criminal might engage in, unless you think such a criminal enterprise would be worth mass marketing as a product. That's your mentality so it surely wouldn't surprise me.

I don't think you understand the concept. It's not a product category for the Chinese to clone, it's something a petty criminal might engage in, unless you think such a criminal enterprise would be worth mass marketing as a product. That's your mentality so it surely wouldn't surprise me.

I completely understood what you meant, you took my reply out of context, nothing to do with mass producing things

OK, since my post was meant to be humorous, then what was your point?

yes I understood it was humor, I don't actually picture you dressing up as a delivery guy to go around knocking off packages

in the land of R&D (Remember & Duplicate) two weeks to copy something would be unheard of, even for a one off, I've been coming here for many years and still get surprised from time to time at what gets copied and how quickly it happens

yes I understood it was humor, I don't actually picture you dressing up as a delivery guy to go around knocking off packages

in the land of R&D (Remember & Duplicate) two weeks to copy something would be unheard of, even for a one off, I've been coming here for many years and still get surprised from time to time at what gets copied and how quickly it happens

First of all, you obviously know nothing about the fashion industry in the NYC garment district and who the hell said anything about China?!

Last edited:
I would add a squirt of skunk smell with the discharge of the blank box, that way you could smell your way to the offender, and chance are he/she will not be welcome in any getaway car :devilish:

Fu*k porch pirates!! I have a new prediction. Thiefs with hacker skills will dress up as Amazon/postal delivery workers and gain entry to your home and car. Remember, when you eventually hear this on the news, you heard it here first! :smuggrin:

"Mrs. Dashmellow" who has prior professional fashion design experience and all the connections to make it happen tells me she could produce a very convincing Amazon/FedEx/UPS type delivery guy/gal costume prototype in a matter of weeks.

When I got all excited by the idea, she looked at me with a raised eyebrow and said, "No"! :giggle:
It is amazing that people will actually give strangers access to their homes. I agree with the Mrs. NO! :)

Amazon delivery driver arrested after stealing package off porch

And we're supposed to let these guys into our house, garage or car trunk when no one is home? :rolleyes:

"A Washington state couple says they were baffled when their home surveillance cameras captured an Amazon delivery driver dropping off a package and then stealing a package that had been delivered by UPS earlier in the day."

"It's surprising when things happen with people that you're supposed to trust with your packages." (said the homeowner)

Last edited:
Let me be the first to predict that some poor delivery person will get assaulted, shot or arrested for B&E upon entering someone's home or vehicle trunk after being reported by a well intentioned neighbor or passer by. :smuggrin:
she'd never survive in China with such long lead times :p the copies come out before the originals sometimes
Also in a mall parking lot a thief may see an Amazon delivery place the package in the car. I wouldn't want it delivered to me that way (also broken car window $300 insurance deductible)

And we're supposed to let these guys into our house, garage or car trunk when no one is home? :rolleyes:

"A Washington state couple says they were baffled when their home surveillance cameras captured an Amazon delivery driver dropping off a package and then stealing a package that had been delivered by UPS earlier in the day."

"It's surprising when things happen with people that you're supposed to trust with your packages." (said the homeowner)

That's crazy, talk about competitor sabotage.

And you have to pay for the privilege of letting these people have access to these areas. Well it seems PT Barnum, or whomever was indeed right :cautious:

My friend would like a delivery to his chevy, a car buyer with a thick wallet and little between the ears would be good.

IMG_20180425_191803.jpg
IMG_20180425_191807.jpg

First drive since the early 90ties, where it could actually move on its own.

Back