Ambarella A2 bricked, please help

robyr1

Reaction score
Country
Italy
I tried to upload a firmware, but after this, i discovered wich this fw was for another camera...now the camera wont to turn it on, and is not detected by PC, any suggest??

depends what camera it is, if you have the elf version of the firmware the camera can be restored via PC, if it's A2 it is likely an older model so that may be a challenge in itself

depends what camera it is, if you have the elf version of the firmware the camera can be restored via PC, if it's A2 it is likely an older model so that may be a challenge in itself
where can i find this elf file?

the model is called HD21, here is a photo attached!

Attachments

• sportycam-gps.jpg
    sportycam-gps.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 17
contact whoever you bought it from and ask if they have the elf firmware for this model, very slim chance but you never know

Difficult to find the exact supplier for this camera, it is a very old module 5 years ago if I recall correctly!

when i will receive this elf file, how to use it?

you need a program for your computer to access the PCB in dev mode, the software can be downloaded, you'll need the elf file before you need to worry about that though

is there a tutorial somewhere? The software is called "direct usb"? how to connect to pcb? via USB? can you please be more specific? thanks!

camera will need to be put into dev mode, that varies by camera, you'll need the details from the manufacturer, it's not a model I'm familiar with to be able to give you model specific info, basically there's normally a button that needs to be pressed while connecting to the PC to put it in the correct mode so that the PC can recognise the camera, upload the elf firmware to to the camera and restart it to get it going again, it's not the same process for all so you'll need info from the supplier, if they have access to the elf firmware then they'll be able to get you the right info to go with it

see how you go with getting what you need though, very slim chance but you never know

Some cameras use an otg cable to enable dev mode, see if you can get the firmware, if you can they'll know which method it uses

ok thanks, i have only their firmware (.bin) but i hope to receive the elf!

hi guys, i received the .elf file from the manufacturer, how can i use it?

you need this software to upload the file to the camera http://dc.p-mc.eu/tools/directusb/download

if the camera isn't recognised by the software you will need to check with the supplier which method they use to put the camera in DEV mode, it may be something where you need to hold down a specific button while connecting the camera, could need an OTG cable etc

ok thanks, i tried all the ways to find the DEV mode, also with an OTG cable..nothing works!! i tried also all the buttons!

ok thanks, i tried all the ways to find the DEV mode, also with an OTG cable..nothing works!! i tried also all the buttons!

check with the supplier, if they were able to get you the elf firmware then they would have access to this information

ok maybe my "diy" otg cable is bad..i used a USB to MINI USB calbe, with GND to ID pin shorted...is right?

Back