a4.jpg
    197.1 KB · Views: 628
  • a6.jpg
    a6.jpg
    209.3 KB · Views: 628
Last edited by a moderator:
jokiin said:
specs don't seem to add up on this one

There are a lot of suspicious things about specs vs price.
FOB Price: US $ 75 - 95 / Piece

Amb A7cs13 + all those other extras, only at max 95usd ? Too good to be true !

niko said:
jokiin said:

only mentions 720p in the detailed spec, seems odd

jokiin said:
niko said:
jokiin said:

only mentions 720p in the detailed spec, seems odd

I saw same camera few weeks ago from third reseller ( manufacturer ? ), they mentioned 1080p, but can't find they link any more.
Anyway, for me odd is price vs specs.

Attachments

• c1.jpg
    c1.jpg
    224.6 KB · Views: 491
  • c2.jpg
    c2.jpg
    406.8 KB · Views: 490
  • c3.jpg
    c3.jpg
    295.7 KB · Views: 490
  • c4.jpg
    c4.jpg
    230.6 KB · Views: 490
Now this model finally arrived to Russian market under "Highscreen Black Box Connect" name.
Using Ambarella A7 (A7LS15) CPU

Vidoregistrator Highscreen Black Box Connect is equipped with one of the latest developments of Ambarella - a high-performance controller series A7 (A7LS15), which provides excellent recording quality. The processor is based on ARM 11 processor with a clock frequency of 538 MHz. Its performance allows full operation of two video streams, one - to write to the memory card, the other for the stream via Wi-Fi.

Built-in Wi-Fi device module provides a connection to a mobile phone at a distance of 40 - 50 meters in open space. Office of the registrar program Unieye, which is installed on the mobile phone. The program is freely available on Google Play - for devices based on Android and Apple Store - for devices on iOS. The program allows you to connect your mobile device (phone or tablet) to the DVR, watch a picture with the registrar in online, make settings, turn on or off the record, take a picture remotely view the recorded video on the DVR card or photographic material downloaded to the phone or remotely delete footage files, switch the online broadcast of pictures from the device to the "cloud" server for remote access from any point on Earth, where there is an Internet connection. The built-in battery with 700 mAh allows you to film and photograph the outside of the car interior, so that the device can be used as a compact camcorder. This battery can provide image transfer via Wi-Fi without charge for 120 minutes or record video on a card and keep online transfer over Wi-Fi for 90 minutes. Thus, a miniature device may find wide application in various fields.

Price is 4990 RUB , approx 153 USD

Source:

http://translate.google.ie/translate?sl ... ct&act=url

niko said:
Now this model finally arrived to Russian market under "Highscreen Black Box Connect" name.
Using Ambarella A7 (A7LS15) CPU

keep in mind this processor is not part of the A7-LA family, not designed for prolonged use in an automotive environment

First it appeared with specs A7CS then A7LS. Both with only 720p so they are for sure different from A7LA family.

niko said:
First it appeared with specs A7CS then A7LS. Both with only 720p so they are for sure different from A7LA family.

hard to know what they're using, seems like it might be a sport camera solution, not sure

jokiin said:
niko said:

hard to know what they're using, seems like it might be a sport camera solution, not sure

I think they dont know them self what to use. Maybe they just teasing "us" with using next generation Ambarella A7, but most people dont know that A7 family can be with different specs.

niko said:
jokiin said:
niko said:

I think they dont know them self what to use. Maybe they just teasing "us" with using next generation Ambarella A7, but most people dont know that A7 family can be with different specs.

I suspect there's a couple of suppliers promoting some new release A7 models and glossing over the fact that they're not A7LA models

jokiin said:
I suspect there's a couple of suppliers promoting some new release A7 models and glossing over the fact that they're not A7LA models

Tricky Tricky, I'm glad I'm starting to get familiar with the Ambarella chip lineup. It's DashCam soup on ebay/aliexpess, I feel sorry for people that buy things without researching first. This Forum takes the mystery out of all the cloudy marketing and wasteland of unknown cam's to choose from .

JazJon said:
jokiin said:

Tricky Tricky, I'm glad I'm starting to get familiar with the Ambarella chip lineup. It's DashCam soup on ebay/aliexpess, I feel sorry for people that buy things without researching first. This Forum takes the mystery out of all the cloudy marketing and wasteland of unknown cam's to choose from .

It seems we might be in for a real treat once the next generation A7LA dashcams come out.

If these Ambarella A7LA beta testing videos are legit, Amazing quality:

A7LA used in that video is legit. The only thing guy wrote under title in Russian: firmware / software is very basic ( beta ) and there for video quality is not that great yet.
Bear in mind that video was made in april ( 4 month ago ) so from there I assume they are improving it.
Also youtube is not the best place to analyse a video quality, especially of high end product.

Thanks for your info.

Amb A7 is spreading across in the DashCam market
and I think the next year we can see many powerful productS equiped with A7

Recently I am very curious about GS6000 Ambarella A7 in a online store which I had purchased

And I got some disassembled pics about GS6000 A7
I hope DashCam friends can carry out a topic with GS6000 A7 :D

A7_05_zpsd4297fb2.jpg

A7_06_zps9798b3ff.jpg

A7_07_zps33cec6b1.jpg

A7_08_zps154df446.jpg

A7_09_zpsfabf0055.jpg

Thanks.
Leon

Leon.
This is your third copy-paste post. Two of them are in the wrong thread.
Pictures you added are gs6000 and not related to this thread dash camera. Also not related to Texet dash cam thread you added same copy-paste info.
This makes me think you work for E-Prance promoting their product all over the forum posting your messages in wrong places.
Please respect dashcamtalk forum rules and members not to make a mess.

Back