Ambarella Mini 0803 in a city service bus in the Netherlands

Huib

Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
Dash Cam
Ambarella Mini 0803
Chaps,
I purchased a Mini0805 but got a Mini0803. Till now this device works. I use it sometimes in a city service bus. Normally it rewrites the files and only when there is "something to see" I keep the files.
Wih this footage I made a compilation and put this in YouTube:

It is not the "real" stuff like Russian dashcams but the idea came from them, it is traffic in The Netherlands. See people passing red light when i have green or white (white is green for the bus, special bus-traffic light)
I made a housing for this dashcam witch made it possible to set it up in a few seconds.
To be honest, the quality on a smart TV (Sony Bravia 42") is better than I expected for such a camera.

Last edited:
And here "how it is made"

Attachments

• DSCN5723klein.jpg
    DSCN5723klein.jpg
    363.1 KB · Views: 41
  • DSCN5728front02.jpg
    DSCN5728front02.jpg
    188.3 KB · Views: 36
Reading Dutch just make even more words undestandeable to a Dane :) no doubt in my mind as to what rood mean, but the english speaking ppl will have a harder time to figure it out.
And its not cuz the Danish word is simmilar here its spelled rød, and i am sure our Ø letter do not have the same sound as the duble o in the Dutch rood.
And if i have dutch pinned dow right rood dont even pronnounce like its spelled, have a sneaky feeling you will need a little troat work to pronnounce it right.

Now pronnouncing the word rood is a whole other ballgame, Dutch and Finnish is 2 languages i struggle to just make sounds, that to some ppl will sound like i speak the language.

More citybus dascam footage you will find in my YouTube channel "Bussenboer". This channel contains 5 compilations. Unfortunately my Ambarella Mini0803 have stopped working.

Bussenboer-channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqGXWY1y55F3JWnrMwewazA

The construction to support the Mini0803 in buses was changed last year, see the pictures.Amba0803_101.JPG Amba0803_100.JPG he pics.

Last edited:
Back