Amberalla a5 dash cam which is great for day and night

JasonSE32

Reaction score
Country
Australia
The chip is the amberalla a5. Hope I have the spelling right..

I have mine set to PAL which is 25 frames a second.
It has a wide led on the front which works rather well. It doesn't light up the windscreen and I don't notice it on at all.
Gives me about a 10% better video for night that is.

There is a button to turn off the lcd which is a 2.7" one on the back of the dash cam.
It records date,time and speed in km/h in the lower right of the mov file.

Play back on a 50" tv is wow. Comes out really clear. It records in 5 min blocks and each block of 5 mins lines up perfectly where I don't notice
a split in the video.

It has a fish eye lens so can see cars coming in from the sides. I have mine behind the inside mirror so it doesn't get in my viewing way.
The gps is external. It takes 10 to 20 seconds to get a signal but if the car is parked outside the signal is picked up quite quickly,
within a few seconds.

Cost me $200 AU. Comes with player software and gps software which shows google maps and the speed of the car on a graph and average speed traveled.

My previous dash cam was really rather terrible at night. Virtually pitch black where this new one is very clear.
My recent recording at night showed me going down the highway and picked up side streets hundreds of metres to the left
over dark bushland areas you can see a car driving along a not so well lit street.

The thing that sold me was they had this on a wide screen telly to show how detailed the videos were at night and day.

What is the model you are talking about?

jokiin said:
JasonSE32 said:
The Ultra Pro does 1080p at 60 fps however to costly on my budget.
http://www.stancom.net.au/

too costly for many I'd imagine

Been viewing these pages for a while and joined this morning.
I bought a stancom one but from another store. Seems a few selling them in the West.
I've set mine to 60 fps in 720p. Only one problem none of my editing video suites support 60fps:(

I've been using mine at the car club where we have a track to race around with our cars.
Wanting to add text to the video to send to family and mates.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back