Am'I asking to much??

Jeromeo

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Hi all.
just bought an DR900S 2ch to replace my 5 years old Vico Dashcam, and honestly I'm not really Happy with Image Quality. Way to much Digital Artefacts
image are good only on Stationary position. if i drive i cannot see any detail (registration Number).
I'm recording in UHD who is supposed to be the best.
I also tried a faster SD card to make sure it wasn't a writing speed limit.
Between this and constant disconnection from network i'm really starting to thing that its not worth the money. ($800 in Australia)

20190112_182534_EF2 (2).png
20190112_182534_EF2.png

How did you download/upload this image? Did you use micro SD to desktop, or copied from smartphone?

I live in New Zealand (hello neighbor) and paid NZ$1,118 for it but that included Blackvue's latest Parking Mode Battery too. Dashcam alone (2CH) sells for NZ$749 over here.

Front camera shouldn't be performing like that. It's a clear day ish, you're not driving fast.

What sort of SD Card are you using. Are you using an official Blackvue SD Card?

I use a Samsung Pro Endurance 128GB card which I got on sale for NZ$100. It's a solid SD card as Blackvue charges like NZ$200 for their 128GB version.

The SD card needs to be able to cope with heaps and heaps of recording/writing too. The Samsung Pro Endurance, Endurance, that's a key word, it can last longer under heavier operation compared with standard SD cards with higher write speeds etc. Also it needs to be able to endure up to 80'C especially in our summer temperatures where we park outside in the sun come back a few hours.

Try rebooting it, updating the firmware, and a good SD Card. If you're still having the issue, you can return it for an exchange or refund or repair.

Direct download from SD card. And extracted image with blackvue viewer on windows.
I used the original 16GB card and also 64GB sandisk U3 no difference in quality.
I have upgraded to the latest firmware.
Quality is amazing when I'm on parking mode. But as soon as the car is moving too many digital artefacts.
The only things I'm thinking is I'm in "normal" quality not "extreme".

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

it needs extreme mode to be ok, below that you give a lot away
Ok thanks I will try this. But I definitely need to upgrade Sd card capacity then.

With my Samsung Pro Endurance 128GB (or any 128GB SD card), you can record a solid 7 1/2 hours recording time in H.264 and H.265 mode on extreme mode (4k 30fps front, 1080p 30fps rear, 25/12 I think the bit rates were front and rear). Hope you enjoy your dash cam.

With my Samsung Pro Endurance 128GB (or any 128GB SD card), you can record a solid 7 1/2 hours recording time in H.264 and H.265 mode on extreme mode (4k 30fps front, 1080p 30fps rear, 25/12 I think the bit rates were front and rear). Hope you enjoy your dash cam.
Not yet.... [emoji23][emoji23]
But I'm sure once I set up every right I will. Thanks

Am I right in thinking any SD card is ok?
At present I'm using a 32GB card.
So any point in going more expensive?
Thanks.

Viofo A119 V2

Am I right in thinking any SD card is ok?

In a Blackvue DR900S ? no

In a Viofo A119 mostly yes as far as i know those are not fussy about memory cards.
That being said it i stupid to save a pound or two on memory card, you should go with a reputable brand and seller.
32 GB will hold about 4 hours in a viofo A119S, personally i prefer 64 GB of storage for each camera, so at least 128GB in a dual channel camera.

In theory a 64 GB card should also last longer than a 32GB card as it have more memory area to spread the footge over, and so a longer time before it reach its read / write cycle life.

I am not sure he have a BV900S, more likely the Viofo mentioned in post # 10
At least i hope so otherwise i am giving bad advise.

If i m right bad post placement for sure.

not sure where that came from, if it's Viofo though then it's not fussy about cards like a Blackvue
OP in Aus has a 900S. Thread took a different direction from post #10.

Sorry Guys for taking this in a different direction.

The subject of SD card came up so I just tagged along with that.
But Cheers for the help.
R

Back