AMKOV AMK5000S vs. Xiaomi Yi

runtohell121

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
Viofo & Vantrue - too many to list
Not sure where to post it exactly... but here are some pictures of those 2 action cameras.
wFwLzC4.jpg

vhbPP43.jpg

4JSGflX.jpg

vhs5oOb.jpg

4DMYjpY.jpg

Temporary mounting solution for comparing those 2 camera
xakqeBv.jpg

Video on post #3
(tried to get video to be near exact timing, but a little off still)

Last edited:
Anyone else that have the Amkov AMK5000S can tell me if there's suppose to be a light when charging? According to the menu, there should be one, however, it isn't lighting up when plugged in.

Anyways, after playing around with it for a few hours...
Pros:
+Inexpensive, comes with waterproof casing and mounts
+Video quality compared to the Xiaomi Yi, seems brighter and color a bit more accurate in my opinion.
+Smaller than the Xiaomi
+Has a little display showing what mode you're in, how many hours left, battery, etc.
+Has Wi-Fi

Cons:
-The app isn't as nice as Xiaomi, less settings it seems like for video
-There's no tripod socket on the camera itself, mounting will require the waterproof housing or some sort of "grip" type mounts
-No way to turn off indicator/status lights when recording
-Does not have as much modes as the Xiaomi does (recording only 1080p30; 720p60; 720p30)

Uncertain about battery life, probably little to no update on apps or firmware.

Here's the video:

Here's a comparison of it's camera/photo taking. The one without the date/time stamp is Xiaomi Yi. Just a reminder, the AMKOV AMK5000S is set at 20mp whereas the Xiaomi Yi is set at 16mp

edit: Cannot figure how to provide link to full size image, due to the forum automatically associating imgur link to media.
edit 2: Here's a link to another post on a forum that will allow you to have access to the full size image links: http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/show...you-just-buy&p=6387970&viewfull=1#post6387970

AMK5000S
Q4kx8htl.jpg

Xiaomi Yi
EjUBFRil.jpg

AMK5000S
3YnqosHl.jpg

Xiaomi Yi
rdGmpY9l.jpg

AMK5000S
sVM33mel.jpg

Xiaomi Yi
E8wpk6Dl.jpg

AMK5000S
ysfjVwDl.jpg

Xiaomi Yi
YN5OPMfl.jpg

AMK5000S
3B4xVu9l.jpg

Xiaomi Yi
kXdBUHKl.jpg

AMK5000S
rodwdS1l.jpg

Xiaomi Yi
06mUKYAl.jpg

Last edited:
After using it for a few more days, the Amkov have slower shutter than the Xiaomi Yi (meaning it takes a bit longer to take a photo once the button was pressed). The Wi-Fi/in app live view refresh rate is a lot faster than the Xiaomi Yi.

and again... (copy /paste from another thread)
in dash cams nothing else matters as much these days, but the quality of night footage ;)

Well, right now, these are just action cam at this moment, unless you want to manually turn on, start recording, stop recording, and turn off every time you are in your car. ;)

I think gopro just dropped prizes, a online & B&M seller here just put up the gopro 4 black at 1200 DKkr discount, thats 187 US dollars cheaper.
If my memory serve me right thats a price of 365 US dollars here ( and do take into account we have the worlds highest taxes )

Without our insane taxes or at least the 25% sales tax thats a price of 274 US dollars for a gopro hero 4 black.

Back