An action cam that accepts external microphone for rally intercom

Ross

Reaction score
Country
Australia
I want to buy an action cam that supports an external microphone. I had an Action camera AEE SD21 MagiCam Outdoor Edition that was advertised as supporting external mic. Not true, good camera though, heaps of features.
I drive gravel rallies and the picture was great but the condensor microphone only picks up car noise. I wish to record the intercom audio. A 2.5mm stereo jack could be the connection or mini USB
Having the option to 180 degree the vidoe recording on the camera and be able to run it off the car battery while recording ( I can setup a stepdown transformer if needed ) A remote would be excellent..
Cheers.

Last edited:
How about a Gitup F1?

The Gitup Git2 supports stereo external microphones, so you can record the intercom on one channel and the engine/road noise on the other, the image is not quite so good as the F1, especially at night, but it is cheaper.

Both use the USB port for microphone input, if you also want to use the USB port for power then you will need a special cable, mono version available: http://www.gitup.com/accessories/75...e-and-charging-cable-for-gitup-git2git2p.html

The yi 4k+ can use an external mic, the kit I bought came with an adapter that goes in the usb-c port, haven't had a chance to try it yet.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

I did read something about the yi 4k+ external mic being distorted if you have its WiFi switched on. Which would be avoidable except some people want WiFi on to control the camera.
That link mentions poor bit rate too, but maybe that can be fixed in firmware.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Hello just wanted to ask did you find a suitable product? I am also looking for recommendations for a rally in car camera.

Back