An Impact was detected. Here's 100+ files to sift through, GL.

lg83

Reaction score
Country
Canada
I recently got my DR900s I've been using it for 3 weeks now, playing with the G-sensor parking more and sensitivity levels.
My question is how can I make the footage from an actual *Bump* or real impact detected capture differ from the 100's of E or P modes videos in my card? Seems like theres a lot of activity when i park and obstructing the actual video that DR900s said something happened, Like 100+ videos I have to manually open/preview seems excessive right?? Could be false alarms too and I have to wait for rain to clear to inspect for damages, which almost never happens. I'd rather see it mark the actual file differenyl

Am i doing it wrong? Please help.

'E' files are Event files. They correspond to a trigger. If you have hundreds of 'E' files, then your G-sensors are set way too sensitive. Takes a bit of playing to nail down your sweet spot.

'E' files are Event files. They correspond to a trigger. If you have hundreds of 'E' files, then your G-sensors are set way too sensitive. Takes a bit of playing to nail down your sweet spot.
Thank you bps! I'll try that and lower the sensitivity some more. Currently at 1-1-1, Is 0 just flat none? or just the lowest you can set but still active?

You have your parking mode sensitivity at that low level, and still getting a large number of Event files? Are you using timelapse parking mode? Or motion-detection. If you look at an Event file in Blackvue's viewer, are you seeing G-sensor activity?

I have my 750 set to 0 for up/down and 1 for the other two to cut down on travelling E files from potholes and I don't use parking mode.

If you continue to get loads of E files then one way to check them quickly is to open them in the Blackvue viewer and you can see the g recordings in the lower right of the screen. For parking mode they will all be almost flat, indicating that nothing of interest happened, so you can skip through the E files from parked mode reasonably quickly. You may find a g movement registered at the start of every parked file, not sure why but if in doubt play the first 3 seconds to make sure that nothing happened. On a side note is it possible that the segment break registers an electrical blip?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S DR900S (1CH or 2CH) 4
Back