And this is why pedestrians shouldn't walk in parking lots with headphones on

eastwood

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
G1W

I was heading to the mall to grab some quick lunch. Making my turn into the mall, I know this turn very well as it can be a blind turn and many times people are walking down the side of it just like in this vid.

My car is pretty loud, it's a 2006 Evolution IX, many mods, 3" turbo back exhaust. I'm pretty sure he/she didn't hear me because they had headphones on. Either way, when you're walking down a through traffic lane, it's probably in your best interest to actually look where you're walking. Not once did this person look behind or around when walking. I have no idea if it was a he or a she.

This is a long stretch and a lot of times some people will just floor through the turn and speed right through. I have no idea why this person didn't just use the cross walk since it's a lot safer and quicker to get where he/she was going.

Oh and the irony of it all? I took out the audio but on the radio was Too Close by Next lol

Nice how the pedestrian crossed in the middle of the road and not at the intersection. What a moron.

Nice how the pedestrian crossed in the middle of the road and not at the intersection. What a moron.

Yeah seriously, when I made my turn I saw them there and I was planning on driving slowly by instead of being stuck behind them. Even when I drove by they didn't even look, kept walking. I figured they'd hear my car, turn and look and give me space to go by but noooo, not even a look back once. Extremely dangerous for that idiot or any pedestrian to not look where they're walking.

I wouldn't mind bikini clad crossing in the front though. ;)

Emagine this in a major town, and then beside all the ppl walking on ther flat feet, add several thousands of ppl on bicycle doing the same.
And not to mention all the ppl driving ther cars while updating facetwitt :eek:
It is a mystery to me why more ppl dont get killed in Copenhagen traffic, Aarhus town too, i just put Copenhagen first as that city more than other thrive on stupid.

I wouldn't mind bikini clad crossing in the front though. ;)
Haha, that happens when driving near the beach.

Emagine this in a major town, and then beside all the ppl walking on ther flat feet, add several thousands of ppl on bicycle doing the same.
And not to mention all the ppl driving ther cars while updating facetwitt :eek:
It is a mystery to me why more ppl dont get killed in Copenhagen traffic, Aarhus town too, i just put Copenhagen first as that city more than other thrive on stupid.

I just feel, if you're walking in the path of traffic without the use of a cross walk or stop sign or something like that, it's more on you to watch where you're going and mind traffic than it is for cars because you're the one impeding their driving.

It's US so drivers are more generous.
Had it happened in some Asian countries where vehicles don't give a damn about pedestrians, it'd be ugly.

It's US so drivers are more generous.
Had it happened in some Asian countries where vehicles don't give a damn about pedestrians, it'd be ugly.

I generally remind any first time visitors that come to China that pedestrian crossings are just designated areas to get run over

Back