Android app 8.0

thesinex

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
To login to the blackvue unit wifi I am having to turn off my mobile data, is this normal?

Thanks in advance

Not on my S7 Edge or S9+ it's not.
What error message do you get, if any?
You will get a message that the internet is not available though.

Not on my S7 Edge or S9+ it's not.
What error message do you get, if any?
You will get a message that the internet is not available though.

I am on a S9 plus and I use a pixel on both it fails to connect to the blackvue unit if mobile data is running, turn it off and it connects, error message is failed to connect to Wi-Fi

I am on a S9 plus and I use a pixel on both {snip}
What does "use a pixel on both" mean. What is a pixel (apart from a dot on a screen) and what is 'the other one' of "both"?
Other than that, I'm out of ideas as mine 'just works' as expected.
Password case OK?

What does "use a pixel on both" mean. What is a pixel (apart from a dot on a screen) and what is 'the other one' of "both"?
Other than that, I'm out of ideas as mine 'just works' as expected.
Password case OK?

Google Pixel phone, Samsung S9+, both I have to turn of mobile data I. Order to connect to the blacview in your list of Wi-Fi networks

Thanks. Now I understand what you meant, although not what is causing the problem. Sorry.

I have a Pixel 2 XL and I get the same thing. What I have to do is when I get into my car it will connect automatically. Then I have to forget the network and rejoin. Works for me after that until the next time I get into my car.

So, there is an Android 8.0 issue, the blackvue unit will cut off your cellular data coming in when you get into your car, also unless you turn off cellular data you can't connect to the unit.

That's not how I read it. But not quite certain what dtocars actually means.
Whatever, it doesn't sound the same problem as the op.
I've got 8.0 on my S9. I'll experiment tomorrow sometime and report back on my findings. As far as I can remember I have to connect manually as I have not ticked autoconnect but it then just works. I do t have to swit h off phone data as the op does.

I have a Pixel 2 XL and I get the same thing. What I have to do is when I get into my car it will connect automatically. Then I have to forget the network and rejoin. Works for me after that until the next time I get into my car.

In the Wi-Fi networks list of your smartphone, tap and hold blackvue Wi-Fi SSID till pop-up appears, tap Manage network settings and uncheck "Auto-reconnect".
I hope it helps.

To login to the blackvue unit wifi I am having to turn off my mobile data, is this normal?

Thanks in advance

I am not sure if it helps but try this,
In the Wi-Fi networks settings of your smartphone, go to Advanced settings and Disable "Adaptive Wi-Fi" or "Smart network switch".

That rings a loud bell with me. Doesn't that function search for a WiFi signal or mobile data connection that has an internet connection if the current one (i.e. the BV) doesn't? I found this on an old phone of mine (S3 I think). I fed this back to Pittasoft (UK) and they put it up as a fix on their site.
What would happen is that when I joined the BV WiFi, the phone would find no internet and disconnect giving a misleading error message. I had to turn off, as you say, something like 'Smart network'. (can't remember the exact setting name).

If this is the case, it is possible that on the OP's phone, the lack of an internet connection from the BV is causing the phone to switch to mobile data to get one.

Back on Google pixel, Complete waste of time just can't connect to blackvue unit even with mobile data off, off to get the ipad hopefully with better luck.

Given that 85% of the market is android I would have expected better development of the app

It's frustrating to say the least.

It's wrong to generalise about Android like that. My S9+ works just fine.

My s9 plus, bit hot and miss, google pixel 2 XL not a chance, ipad straight on

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
J DR750S (1CH or 2CH) 11
Back