Android app connection failed issue

GinJoe

Reaction score
Country
Hungary
I've just bought a new B1W dashcam. When I connected it to a micro USB cable (in charger, not in laptop) it turns on (a sound inform me about that and the indicator LED always on green light). I can connect to the camera's wifi network, but I can't conect with the android app. I tried with cigar lighter in the car with the attached cable but sam thing happend. I updated the firmware I still can't connect with app. I tried with and without memory card but nothing. My phone runs Android 8.0 and I used Kingston 64 GB micro SDXC U1 memory card.

Try to forget the network then reconnect. I have to do this each time I connect to my B1Ws. After I reconnect, I get a prompt asking if I want to stay connected to WiFi that has no internet connection. I click yes, then I can connect to the B1W via the app.

For some phones it will work if you put the phone into flight mode and just turn wifi on before trying to connect

When I connected it to a micro USB cable (in charger, not in laptop) it turns on (a sound inform me about that and the indicator LED always on green light).
It indicates camera does not take recording if green light always on. So, its problem should be on its camera or this memory card! But you said that same thing happened without card, it made me so confused about it!
Could you mind to format your memory card as FAT32 with tool Guiformat firstly, and then have a try again?
And plus, switch off your mobile data. For some Android phone models (like Google Pixel 2), if the mobile data(LTE) and Wi-Fi are enabled at the same time, the phone will switch to mobile data mode automatically since the B1W Wi-Fi SSID cannot access to internet. This will break the Wi-Fi connection between the camera and the smart phone.

Thank you everyone for the helping answers. I tried all the methods what you suggest to me, but nothing changed.
I tried to connect with phone in flight mode, I reformated the SD card with slow formatting, turned off the mobile data (but I don't use many times, so in the most of case the mobile data is turned off).
I suspect the cam is faulty.

I suspect the cam is faulty.
How about the led light works? it should flash green when plugged into car cigarette lighter!

How about the led light works? it should flash green when plugged into car cigarette lighter!
As I wrote. The indicator led always on in green color (with or without memory card). It doesn't flash.

As I wrote. The indicator led always on in green color (with or without memory card). It doesn't flash.
I will PM you this tool to load firmware via USB cable, and please give it a try then!

I will PM you this tool to load firmware via USB cable, and please give it a try then!
Thank you! I downloaded this tool, upgraded the firmware with the linked bin file, but I still can't connect with app. Just got a message: Pls check your net or try again. But the app see the connected network. I tried with other android phone (android 7.0), it couldn't connect also.

Odd, could you mind to tell me which phone you used? So my team can have a try to react, thanks for your help!

Odd, could you mind to tell me which phone you used? So my team can have a try to react, thanks for your help!
My phone is Sony Xperia X compact (android 8.0), and I tried with Xiaomi Mi4C, Samsung Galaxy J5 (both run android 7.0).

My phone is Sony Xperia X compact (android 8.0), and I tried with Xiaomi Mi4C, Samsung Galaxy J5 (both run android 7.0).
Please PM me your order details id, my CS will arrange you a replacement! Thanks for your time!

Hi! Having the same problem - "Failed to get device information", after I switched to Sony Xperia XZ compact (Android 9.0).
Management app B1W-CARCVR 1.8.7 downloaded from Google Play

Re-flashed camera to latest firmware V20200707 from website, didn't help - still "failed to get device information", after phone is successfully connected to the camera. Shows "Wifi connected but no internet" icon.

Any ideas how to solve?

you won't have internet once you connect to the camera
I'm fine with it.
But I'd like to connect to the camera using the app and change settings etc. And that's not working - instead I get "Failed to get device information" pop-up.

does it connect ok with whatever phone it was you had before you updated to the Sony?
I had Sony Xperia X Compact (Android 8), but I sold it and don't have another phone on hand at the moment.
It worked OK with previous phone.

Back