Android app for B1W

W7SG

Reaction score
Country
United States
In reading the reviews of the B1W-CARCVR in Google Play & reading the posts here, has anyone gone with a different app that works better?

thx

In reading the reviews of the B1W-CARCVR in Google Play & reading the posts here, has anyone gone with a different app that works better?

thx
Not sure there is any alternative, it uses a different processor to most so the normal apps will not be compatible, and the settings are B1W specific...

There is not much wrong with the standard app anyway, it works nicely.

There is not much wrong with the standard app anyway, it works nicely.

the challenge with Android apps is the wide variety of handsets and OS versions, what works great for you can be problematic for another user with a different handset, nature of the beast with Android unfortunately and not really much the devs can do as it's pretty much impossible to support every handset/OS combination equally, a lot of consumers don't get that but that's just how it is

thx
What is the exact problem you meet? so we can have a look at...

Well, it got me. Set up the demo, tested, all going fine. Go get the CEO, my Note 8 freezes. :mad:

It might be the problem with your phone RAM/ROM, it is better for you to uninstall some applications off your phone, and re-install my newer version APP to your phone(which one is from the message we PM you )!

Received the PM, thank you! Does not freeze now.

Update: I just closed the App, then opened Chrome, the phone froze.

Last edited:
We think it is the problem for APP Cache clean problem and will have a test with a Note 8!

I also have a freeze issue with the app. Using LG G6 running android 8.0.0.
For now the app is not moveable to sd card. Would it possible to have it move to the sd or at least have the option to choose a folder on sd card to save the pics and vids ?

For now the app is not moveable to sd card
I experienced if we use a slow speed card for this camera!
Would it possible to have it move to the sd or at least have the option to choose a folder on sd card to save the pics and vids ?
You can download video clip one by one to your mobile phone, but not practical to download a folder to your phone, it is very slow to download to your phone. About one-minute video clip need take one minute to download!

I have 4G coverage. When I am connected WiFi to the B1W, I cannot access the Internet with the web browser. Is it possible to change a setting to allow surfing the internet while connected to the B1W?

I have 4G coverage. When I am connected WiFi to the B1W, I cannot access the Internet with the web browser. Is it possible to change a setting to allow surfing the internet while connected to the B1W?

most likely not, it's one or the other

Just wanted to chime in that the B1W app gave me a hard freeze on my Galaxy S7 running Android 8.0. I had to reset the phone with the buttons in order to get it to work again. Not sure what's going on. On my other phone (iPhone 5S) the app works okay.

Just wanted to chime in that the B1W app gave me a hard freeze on my Galaxy S7 running Android 8.0. I had to reset the phone with the buttons in order to get it to work again. Not sure what's going on. On my other phone (iPhone 5S) the app works okay.

Hi strap, on your iPhone, have you tried getting on the internet with your web browser while viewing the camera?

Hi strap, on your iPhone, have you tried getting on the internet with your web browser while viewing the camera?
Nope...I just don't do it. I just put my phone in airplane mode and connect to the B1W via WiFi. I seldom connect to my dash cam and keep it in WiFi off mode so it doesn't bother me.

My iPhone 7 Plus can get the message from Facebook when WiFi connected with dashcam!

The stuck phone is really annoying !!
I wad showing a friend the cam and the app and I even tried to avoid the horizontal position but after I put the phone in my back pocket, it was stuck. When I pulled the out few minutes later, I couldn't do even a simple off on thing. I managed to have the phone boot after both power and volume down bottons.
Please find a solution for this.
And I don't mean a solution like telling me to stop the screen rotation on the phone....
This is the ONLY app I have this problem so please improve the app.

The stuck phone is really annoying !!
I wad showing a friend the cam and the app and I even tried to avoid the horizontal position but after I put the phone in my back pocket, it was stuck. When I pulled the out few minutes later, I couldn't do even a simple off on thing. I managed to have the phone boot after both power and volume down bottons.
Please find a solution for this.
And I don't mean a solution like telling me to stop the screen rotation on the phone....
TZP, yep, same here, seems to happen when I rotated. It may have frozen w/o rotating, not sure.

Please tell me your phone brand and phone module info, so we can have a check also, thanks!

Back