Android App No Longer Connects to Cellink Neo?

peterharvey

Reaction score
Country
Australia
I have two Cellink Neo's which I purchased early last year for two different cars.
I paired them both with my Samsung Galaxy S8 fine.

However, roughly 12 months later, about late last year, or early this year, the Samsung Galaxy S8 with Cellink Neo App no longer connects to the two Cellink Neo batteries.
I deleted and reinstalled the Cellink Neo app to no avail.

Recently, I reset my Android Operating System OS, and I downloaded the Cellink Neo App again, but it still would not work.
What must I do to get my Cellink Neo App working again, otherwise I can't tell how much battery power remains on my Cellink Neos?

It is likely that you have updated the Android system, which is not yet supported. Can you remember which version of Android was installed when everything worked?

The 2017 Samsung Galaxy S8 with original Oreo 8.0 OS worked fine.
However late 2018, or early 2019, the new Pie 9.0 OS seems to have upset the Cellink Neo app from connecting to the Cellink Neo battery.

My wife's 2015 iPhone 6S works fine with the Cellink Neo.
So too does our old 2014 Samsung Galaxy S5.

So the issue seems to be with the new 2018/19 Google Android Pie 9.0 operating system OS???
Who's fault is it? Google's? Or Samsung's? Maybe not Egen's.
Is there a Google Adroid Pie forum?

Or better still, can we go back to the original 2017 Android Oreo 8.0 operating system???
If we stick to the 2018/19 Android Pie 9.0 OS, then will Google theoretically update the Pie 9.0 so that it will work with Egen's Cellink Neo?
When will Google release Android Q 10.0 operating system?
Or must Egen update their Cellink Neo app?

Last edited:
It's probably because Egen's app is too old and it was blocked by Google. Google blocked a number of apps written for old apps for security reasons.

The only thing you can do is wait until Egen provides an update to their app so that it works with Android 9.

It's probably because Egen's app is too old and it was blocked by Google.

Good thinking.
I hope Egen get their act together.
However, strange that it still works with 2014 Galaxy S5 and 2015 iPhone 6S.

Last year, I purchased a brand new Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra and the Cellink Neo app still would not connect to my 2018 Cellink Neo.

Finally, it took me 4 years to work out - "Location" must be on for the Cellink Neo app to work!!!

However, location doesn't have to be on for this app to work on iPhone nor iPad.

Silly Egen, because if Location must be switched on, then the app should simply ask...

Last edited:
Well, glad you got it figured out.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
M Hardwiring and Batteries 4
Back