Angled USB power connector?

Dan Robinson

Reaction score
Country
United States
I have broken two of my old power connectors because of the tight fit between the top of the unit and the window frame. Is there a replacement power cord that has an angled USB connector? Thanks!

I have broken two of my old power connectors because of the tight fit between the top of the unit and the window frame. Is there a replacement power cord that has an angled USB connector? Thanks!

There are such cables available but they're not always that easy to find. Another option is to use a right angle 5 pin Mini-B to Mini-B adapter. They are available for right or left installations.

rightangle_adapter.jpg

if you use the thicker of the two mounts it will provide more clearance for the USB cable

are you using the original power lead?

Sounds like you did like me and mounted the camera just a tad too high on the windscreen.
Though i did not break any USB connectors, it did make taking the camera off the mount a bit harder than it had to be. So with subsequent cameras i have been more mindful when installing.

I did basically the same thing when I mounted my SG9665GC, basically because I was trying to hide the camera behind the frit as much as possible and still not have the lens affected by anything in its FOV. Although it was mounted a bit too high the strain relief fins on the plug eventually became somewhat bent permanently so that it was like a de facto right angle plug, thus making the connection easier to deal with. The cable and plug remained fully functional and undamaged for the entire time I owned the camera until it finally croaked after a long agonizing demise. :(

Back