Anker Roav DashCam C1 Video Review

Looks like they are working on a C1 Pro model -- https://www.amazon.com/gp/B073VFRGFN
Also working on a different form factor C2 Model -- https://www.amazon.com/gp/B0742DD36K
if you followed the bouncing ball, you would know they ended the pro model too cos it too had same swelling and screen popping issue, it was just more feature. The stopped that sale too. They did sell the Pro version but it didn't survive 90 degree heat. The C2 maybe just a newer release, not yet!

if you followed the bouncing ball, you would know they ended the pro model too cos it too had same swelling and screen popping issue, it was just more feature. The stopped that sale too. They did sell the Pro version but it didn't survive 90 degree heat. The C2 maybe just a newer release, not yet!

Sorry I guess I did not see you talk about the Pro model in this thread. However I did read your post on page 2 (Post #35) in which you pasted an email sent to you by Roav. It mentioned that they made some design changes and they are STILL selling the dashcams, just with some tweaks, but above in post #41 you mention they stopped the sale of C1 & C1 Pro... so which is correct?

Sorry I guess I did not see you talk about the Pro model in this thread. However I did read your post on page 2 (Post #35) in which you pasted an email sent to you by Roav. It mentioned that they made some design changes and they are STILL selling the dashcams, just with some tweaks, but above in post #41 you mention they stopped the sale of C1 & C1 Pro... so which is correct?
They will start selling the C1 & C1 Pro , what they call" new version". Just an improvement to stop the LCD popping out from heat! They told me to wait about 10 days. They are being shipped to US from China.

Just sent my 2 back in as they fall into the range of bad ones. Hopefully will get replacements by the end of Sept.

They are still selling the first C1 here in UK, I've had mine a week, bought from Amazon UK where you can still get it as well.

Don't think here in UK we'll have the heat issues (if only [emoji6]) but if mine falls in the serials above do you think I should still ask for a replacement?

They are still selling the first C1 here in UK, I've had mine a week, bought from Amazon UK where you can still get it as well.

Don't think here in UK we'll have the heat issues (if only [emoji6]) but if mine falls in the serials above do you think I should still ask for a replacement?

I would, get the most updated model possible if its a free replacement.

Well found mine in the last serial number range above.

What do I do, as I only heard about the recall via these forums.

Is there a recall notice on the Amker site or something? Or should I just email them and say I've heard? It may only be a recall in the USA maybe?

Thanks

Is there a recall notice on the Amker site or something? Or should I just email them and say I've heard? It may only be a recall in the USA maybe?

Thanks

Yea just email them and include your serial # and ask them what the steps are because you noticed they are recalling certain devices.

Yea just email them and include your serial # and ask them what the steps are because you noticed they are recalling certain devices.

Emailed with screenshot of my serial number from the actual unit and just said heard there was some recalls and what to do..

Thanks

Thanks
I would just ask for full refund and buy another brand dashcam.

I would just ask for full refund and buy another brand dashcam.
Suppose could but this had most of what I wanted, like the form factor, it's hidden, it has a parking monitor, and WiFi although I've found the WiFi to transfer is soooo soooo sloooowwww.

Had this reply after saying about the recall and my serial number in the range...

"I do understand your concerns. For your information, this issue only happens in US market. The Dashcam C1 in other markets all belongs to the new version. "

As I expected USA only, think mine should be ok though as great not really a problem over here!?!

I also got an email for the recall. I haven't used mine for awhile since I had reviewed a few other cams since then and I have been very busy with my day job. I have been driving a company vehicle mon-fri so I haven't had as much time this summer.

They are doing very poor job of demanding return first and then wait weeks for same replacement with just better battery. They were in denial initially when the reports of screen coming off and battery swelling first started to occur on few customers a months ago. They kept saying the Roav can withstand 149F and the users must be using in temp higher that that. It cant survive 85 degree F parked car for few days so their claim of 149F was just so wrong! I told them directly vi email to do something before facing potential lawsuit over burning cars due to the battery burning or exploding! finally, they recalled !

They are doing very poor job of demanding return first and then wait weeks for same replacement with just better battery. They were in denial initially when the reports of screen coming off and battery swelling first started to occur on few customers a months ago. They kept saying the Roav can withstand 149F and the users must be using in temp higher that that. It cant survive 85 degree F parked car for few days so their claim of 149F was just so wrong! I told them directly vi email to do something before facing potential lawsuit over burning cars due to the battery burning or exploding! finally, they recalled !
It's a bit of fear mongering to claim they are going to face lawsuits over burning cars. Anker isn't the first company to have issues with over heating batteries anf why many people were expecting this and why I said in my review I wonder how they will handle it if it is widespread.

It sucks when companies make you send back the item first but it's not uncommon at all. The times I've had companies send me the new item first I required a card on file so if I didn't send back the old one they could charge me.

I'm glad to see Anker doing a recall tho because most dash cam companies don't do anything. Many people who had g1w cams had issues. I personally had my innovv c2 "explode" and the battery acid destroyed the cam. Last month one of my mobius cams I never did the super cap swapnin finally had battery issues because the battery got so huge the entire camera was popping open.i bought that mobius it wasn't one I received as a review unit. Luckily I swapped the battery for a super cap before the battery popped like my C2 but it was likely to any day at that point.

It would be nice to see more companies do recalls as opposed to just leave their customers out of luck.

I don't think I've heard of a single dash cam causing a fire.

Last edited:
Anker got my 2 cameras on Tuesday, Anker has shipped out the 2 replacement cameras today. Hopefully I will get them first of next week.

Got around to reading the recall email, turns out mine is not one of the affected ones which surprised me because I bought mine as soon as I saw it available.

Got around to reading the recall email, turns out mine is not one of the affected ones which surprised me because I bought mine as soon as I saw it available.
Where did you all get the recall email from? After registering? Are you all in US that have?

As above mine is within the serial number, I'm on UK haven't had an email, but I asked Amkee and thwy said it's fine it's US only?

I have heard people say this dash cam comes with a second mount now, anyone have pics? Couldn't find any, mine only came with the one mounting plate.
Mine came with two mounts. No pics to prove it at the moment, but I could produce a pic of the mounted cam and the extra mount if you have to have it.

Noob questions here. The ROAV is my first dashcam.

My naive assumption was that dashcams recorded 100% of the time that the car is in motion. How else do people capture asteroids and wildlife in the periphery?

What triggers the C1 to record video? I installed the camera yesterday, set all [or both] the sensitivities to high plugged it into power, and let 'er rip. My wife took the car out later that evening. Reviewing the video today, there was nothing. No trips recorded yesterday. As I was reviewing the video via wifi today, while my wife was driving, I could see the the current trip was recording fine, so what is it that wakes up the camera?

Also, what is the "Loop" setting for? 3, 5, 10 min? There is no mention of some of the settings in any Roav manual I can find.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
A Anker 3
USDashCamera Anker 0
USDashCamera Anker 0
N Anker 4
S Anker 6
Back