Annoying problems

Rod$

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Any suggestions would be great full before dash cams get dumped for something else.
My first M6+ has been/was working quite well even if speed display lagged behind a bit, just assumed it was the wi-fi. But the recorded time started misbehaving, never the right time or date which was very frustrating. I believe this has been bought up before as a battery problem but how the hell do you get into the thing to replace the Lipo? As I bought a second camera, a M4+ a little while ago I thought I would try the English version.
This has its own faults. 1. The date is correct and time is correct but only a the start of the 2 minute file and sometimes this doesn’t alter. Even more frustrating is the fact that at the start of a file it shows a still for approximately 2 seconds from the beginning of the recordings. I expect a jump of some kind between files but this is very strange and annoying. This updated its software when first connected, might this be a problem?
Any ideas most welcome before they get consigned to the bin.

Update
Problem with playback on M4 plus probably down to crap ipad app which seems to be a little bit different to Android version. app seems to think I have an iPhone 7 instead of an iPad Pro, playback fine with card reader on PC. Think M6 plus is down to battery. just got to get into it, somehow and replace it

Did you ever solve the M6+ issue? Was it battery? Mine is displaying incorrect date & time and it doesn't seem to be a manual setting I can change.

Mick B, no is the short answer. Tried replacement battery which made no difference, had a M4+ which developed the same problem so bought a Viofo A119 v3 which turned out to be everything the DDPa wasn’t Better lens, better resolution, better night performance, proper parking mode, capacitor instead of battery, the list goes on. Would recommend replacing the DDPai, it was a good idea with no backing from a company that didn’t care. Check the Viofo.com website and junk the DDPai.

Back