GTA Driver

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Dash Cam
Iroad 3300CH, G1W-c, Mobius C, A119 v1 & v3, A118-c2
Came across another bike on a the highway

Worst of all, the guy probably never thought " this could kill me"

It do also happen over here in Denmark, most often it is newcomers to the country. :rolleyes:

Edit: moved the post to the right place! (Sorry GTA).

Last edited:
Edit: moved the post to the right place! (Sorry GTA).

Last edited:
If we had police presence like that in the Toronto Area or Ontario, perhaps drivers would be less inclined to be on their phones and bicycles would be less inclined to be on the a major highway with vehicles going in access of 120 kph

And just because their are no giveway signs doesn't mean keeping pulling out!

We used to have streets like that in Southern Ontario. Intersection close to my parents home was like that. After a few near collisions, stops signs are pretty much at every intersectional, but it appears most drivers just go thru them if no other cars are present. We call them stop-optional. However, in case where there are rarely stop signs, I wish they had them. Mall or plaza parking lots. Drivers just dart out without looking.

Oh, and my apologies - I didn't realise I was posting to your thread here - I thought I was in the main directory of videos... I'll edit the above two and point them to where I was meant to put them! :)

Last edited:
I rode my bicycle across Canada on the Trans Canada back in 1972. Maybe less traffic then. Crossed border in Ogensburg, NY and went to Ottawa, (and hence to Vancouver), so avoided Toronto.

I rode my bicycle across Canada on the Trans Canada back in 1972. Maybe less traffic then. Crossed border in Ogensburg, NY and went to Ottawa, (and hence to Vancouver), so avoided Toronto.

In 1980, Terry Fox attempted to jog across the Trans Canada before succumbing to cancer. Years later, two other disabled athletes, Steve fonyo and Rick Hansen completed the trip. I wonder if it can be done today and if one needs special permission.

I haven't been on the Trans Canada since 1977 and as a passenger in my Dad's station wagon in New Brunswick, Quebec and Eastern Ontario. If I can recall it was a two lane highway and thus a speed limit of 80 kph.

Scarborough, so looked, that's odd, no roads that big in North Yorkshire :cool:

Our Scarborough was named after your Scarborough. The wife of the first Lieutenant governor of what would later become the province of Ontario thought the shoreline along the lake reminded her of Scarborough, England. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scarborough,_Toronto#History

We have a ridge along the lake called the Scarborough Bluffs, which apparently looks similar to looking at your Scarborough from the North Sea.
220px-Scarborough_Bluffs_-_Laslovarga_(11).jpg

Many of the towns in cities in North America, particularly Ontario, are named after municipalities in Britain and to a lessor extent - France. As of last year, for a few of the same name towns, I have been in both the Canadian and English version. In some cases, the Ontario version has something in common with the original English version. Our London has a Thames River, but our Thames is a creek compared to yours. Our Windsor is a 160 Km from our London.

Back