Another Bricked SJ4000

Andy Astbury

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have an SJ4000 (not PLUS or WiFi) that was working perfectly on the firmware it came with in mid 2014.

Like a fool, this morning I downloaded the 4000 latest firmware v1.7 from the SJCAM website, followed the install procedure and have ended up with a camera that has a black screen and a solid blue light and no orange/yellow light on top.

I have tried every bin file for the 4000 I can find on the internet and the camera does not seem to want to load any of them.

The camera has the logo below the lens, and when it was working the startup screen did not say 'welcome' but did have the graphic of the camera and the little coloured rectangles under the SJ4000 lettering.

I now realise that upgrading this cam is a little more complicated - so it serves me right that I've bricked it.

I have tried the solutions listed in another topic https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/bricked-sj4000.22135/ but sadly nothing seems to work.

When I hit the power button I get a little jingle and the solid blue light, and the yellow light comes on briefly.
If I press the OK button again no light comes on.

If I connect the cam to a computer it doesn't turn on automatically.
If I then power it up the computer still doesn't see it until I press the OK button.

Please, if anyone can think of something to get this SJ4000 working again I'd be so grateful.

Best Regards

Andy

We had another go and got it working. Only thing we did different was to format the SD FAT32 on a PC - I'd been doing it on a Mac as MSDOS FAT. But it's back working so thank God for that.

The only thing that bugs me is that all the bin file names are the same - Why????

We had another go and got it working. Only thing we did different was to format the SD FAT32 on a PC - I'd been doing it on a Mac as MSDOS FAT. But it's back working so thank God for that.

card should always be FAT32

The only thing that bugs me is that all the bin file names are the same - Why????

Poor planning on behalf of the developer

Ya, I'm guessing that's the only bin file name that the camera will recognize to update it's firmware, so no matter what version the firmware is, it has to be named the same. In my download folder, I have FS96650A, (1), (2), (3),...through (6), so I have 7 different versions of the bin.
It would have saved me some headaches if I would have known there were "new" and "old" 4000's, and somehow to know which one I have.

I'm hoping someone will come out with a reasonably priced 4K, 60fps decent action camera for my RC airplanes.:)

Hellloooo,

I have an SJ4000 (not PLUS or WiFi) that worked perfectly on firmware v1,6

After downloaded latest firmware v1.7 from SJCAM website, followed the installation process. After that, a came up white screen

I've tried every bin file for the SJ4000 I can find on the internet but without success.
The camera is the original I checked with the cod on the official site.

He would ask for help
i heard that it should be flash firmware, does it help and how to do it.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
mikyvienne SJ4000 1
S SJ4000 7
O SJ4000 2
A SJ4000 0
ghines SJ4000 21
Back