Another cop chase

Sabe

Reaction score
Country
Finland
Dash Cam
G90, GT300W, Mobius A, C
Nothing new here, but it's interesting to see how much information this camera has, cop camera counts time with many digits and frames and gps location, it's very hard to remove parts from this video without anyone noticing.
I wonder is there any dashcam that counts frames to video like that, it would help credibility in court generally speaking.
Edit: now i noticed that in right lower corner is automatic licence plate recognition too, interesting.

Aaa those long bright summer days ( have a look at date/time in upper right corner )

Aaa those long bright summer days ( have a look at date/time in upper right corner )
Yes it looks funny this time of year:)

I can't understand why the bikers don't simply go where cars can't; even a road bike does OK with mild off-roading through the trees. They could also go into heavy traffic and weave through the stopped cars, but instead they continue trying something that obviously isn't working. They deserve to be caught and charged with first-degree terminal stupidity :p

Phil

Well he got his chance at 9:31 but he blew it, probably because he was using drugs at the time:p
vlcsnap.jpg
I just noticed that in left upper corner is street names where they drive, i think they have separate computers for those and info is just collected to the video feed, but that would be nice feature to any dashcam:cool:

Last edited:
I just noticed that in left upper corner is street names where they drive, i think they have separate computers for those and info is just collected to the video feed, but that would be nice feature to any dashcam:cool:

that is possible already, something we are looking at adding on one of our upcoming models

Yeah i would like that too, but i do think it should be a On/OFF feature.

I have a free offline NAV app on my tablet, cant remember how big it was, but it have all Danish street names to it.
so it can be done at least for a tiny Country like Denmark, it seem like we only have 112.000 named streets here.
And its not like we have no roads.

"Denmark's infrastructure is well developed. The rail network serving almost all cities over 10,000 inhabitants. And has significant spare capacity. airplane grid is among the densest in the world, and few countries have more ports relative to coast length than Denmark. The road network is dense and generally high standard and capacity in most places is great compared to the congestion."

Most popular street name is "Lærkevej" ( larch-road ) we have 214 streets with that name, so pay attention to zip code :D
Second most popular is "Birkevej" ( birch-road ) we have 194 of those.

In general we have many bird neighborhoods where streets have bird names.

When they brought in the enhanced 911 phone system here, they were supposed to have eliminated duplicate street names in each county at the same time. But entering my address into a GPS can land you 18 road miles away without considering the zipcode too. :eek: And there are a few street names with 3 locations, all in my one county. It would still be more user-friendly than GPS coordinates alone, and a far more useful function than un-buffered motion detect is. When you discover how much cop-cams cost they ought to have at least this much data and gold-plated cases too :rolleyes:

Phil

Yes the GPS numbers ticking away in the bottom of the screen is just plain old silly if you ask me, sure you can hit pause and enter those coordinates into a map of sorts, but thats also the slowest way i can think off beside using a sextant and a clock.

@GTA Driver has posted a few videos that have frame counters running. he can tell us what model cam that is.

Haven't logged in a while and only noticed this now. I have been looking but not logging in.

Its the JAEWONCNC Iroad 330och. I haven't seen other dash cams with the frame counter. I am compiling a list of pipe dream features and outside the box features and this or a clock that does 100 seconds is one of those features.

Edit: Clock that does 100ths of a second. It would be useful to know how long a light was red before someone ran it and to only have full seconds on the clock does not give an accurate picture.

Last edited:
When they brought in the enhanced 911 phone system here, they were supposed to have eliminated duplicate street names in each county at the same time. But entering my address into a GPS can land you 18 road miles away without considering the zipcode too. :eek: And there are a few street names with 3 locations, all in my one county. It would still be more user-friendly than GPS coordinates alone, and a far more useful function than un-buffered motion detect is. When you discover how much cop-cams cost they ought to have at least this much data and gold-plated cases too :rolleyes:

Phil
In the town where I grew up the streets were named alphabetically in sections. For example, we lived in the "O" section with streets named Oakwood, Oriole, etc. We lived on Oriole Avenue but there was also Oriole Lane, Court and Circle - frustrating as hell for out-of-towners trying to find our house! Our address number was the same as another house located one block over on Oriole Lane. We used to get each other's mail all the time. I haven't been back in a while so I'm not sure how well GPS handles it. :)

Houston has a section of town called the galleria. In about a square mile or less, there's Post Oak Blvd, lane, street, way, drive, and in case that's not enough, there's also South post oak Lane and way.

Almost as bad as all the peach names in Georgia.

You'd be surprised how many London Roads there are, and I'm just thinking of the ones that are INSIDE London, not leading to it!

Give me all the info there is on my recordings, the more the better. Time code recording would seem to be a basic feature, having been used in movie editing for a long time, though it seems to be embedded data rather than displayed in the image.
I suppose dash cams that embed the GPS data within the video file itself already have this feature.

Here's a thought: have the option of audio and video recorded in separate files with embedded time code so they can be synced later. That way you can forward an unedited silent video, but make one with sound for when it's needed.

Houston has a section of town called the galleria. In about a square mile or less, there's Post Oak Blvd, lane, street, way, drive, and in case that's not enough, there's also South post oak Lane and way.

OMG I got so lost in Atlanta because the business I was visiting was on Peachtree something-or-other and I absolutely couldn't find it!

Strange about Peachtree anyway because Georgia only ranks third in peach production in the US. However, it's ranked first in peanuts, but I suppose Peanut Street, Peanut Place and Peanut Center just don't have the same cachet as their Peachtree counterparts! :D

However, I couldn't find even one "Corn" street, etc., in Mitchell, SD, home of the Corn Palace!
https://images.search.yahoo.com/sea...?p=corn+palace+mitchell+sd&fr2=piv-web&fr=sfp

Last edited:

Well, from my years in San Antonio and Amarillo, I'd say some city somewhere in Texas (probably Austin) should have an entire section of town with streets named "B*llsh*t"! Yeah, everything's bigger in Texas!!! :)

EDIT: Though I did love it in San Antonio. I hope to retire there when the time comes.:)

Last edited:
OooooH ... A cam with GPS maps / mapping !
If you have GPS why not mapping ..

As for that bike rider ... Monumental stupidity ...
Not only risking his own life but the life of another .. ( No respect for that Muppet )

Back