Another driver who thinks queuing is for mugs. Charged by the Police. Harsh?

Tom Butler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
Street Guardian SG9665GC v3 & Mobius (rear facing)
Another wrong side of the road queue jumper.

Penalty by the cops harsh you reckon? I’ll answer my own question and I’ll state I don’t feel it was. Have no sympathy for the fool. In fact, f*ck him every day of the week and twice on Sundays. Actions have consequences.

Dodgy number plates, both main brake lights out and an overtake close to a junction unaware of pedestrians crossing.

Hope he feels it was worth it when he was hit in the pocket.

Sure , the pedestrian could have had better awareness as she crossed. But once she safely crossed one side of the road, you cannot blame her for only checking for traffic coming the correct way on the other side of the rain. The driver simply should not have been on the wrong side of the road

Man i wish we had police like that here, but sadly not. :)

Were I the Cop involved, I'd have to say to that one "Nobody is allowed to do that. What part of 'nobody' is it that you don't understand?"

Phil

I forgot to say. this is not harsh at all, what he do is dangerous and selfish and ( i think ) way out of line in regard to the English traffic code, so some form of penalty are only fair in my perspective.
I will acknowledge that even here in DK there are traffic laws i find stupid and gladly saw changed, but i dont see that as giving me the right to just ignore those rules, they need to be changed the proper way.

Danes use to be the kind of people that would come ( walking ) to a empty intersection at 4 in the morning, and BECUZ it is red they would wait for green light, that is no longer the case but not as it have become legal to cross a intersection with red light when there are no car in sight, but rather due to the general social decline,,,,,,, which i find rather sad.
And i am all for turn right under red ( at most intersections ) and if there are no cars in sight as a pedestrian do cross under red light at your own risk,,,,,,which i assume turn right under red also is in the US.

Funny thing you just have to walk a few meters to either side of a regulated cross walk, and then it is cross at your own risk, no matter the color of the light in the crosswalk,,,,,,,, stupid Danes :rolleyes:

Funny thing you just have to walk a few meters to either side of a regulated cross walk, and then it is cross at your own risk, no matter the color of the light in the crosswalk,,,,,,,, stupid Danes :rolleyes:

Here in SC USA our pedestrian laws prohibit that. If a crosswalk is nearby then you must use it, even if it's a block away. Exception can be made for the disabled but that's not mandatory. Unless you cross legally here, you are on your own if you get hurt, which is how things should be :cool:

The rules of the road are made for general safety and apply to everyone. There must be some form, of punishment for breaking those rules. If something is exceedingly unsafe the punishment should be exceedingly tough :cautious: Sometimes a reasonable person is essentially forced to break rules, such as partially leaving your lane to go around a stalled car in the road and that should be taken into account, but simply wanting to get somewhere faster isn't enough reason, and being against everyone's safety together should be seen as nearly treasonous in nature :mad:

Phil

Yeah. over here we dont have Jaywalking as such, you can walk across in a crosswalk under red light, and thats of course a no no, but otherwise you can more or less cross where you please.
The traffic code use to say that at all intersections + or T / whatever, if there are no crosswalks drawn on the ground, pedestrians i still think have the right of way if the cross in such a place from corner to corner ( of course not diagonal this is not Japan ), just like a regular non light regulated crosswalk that are painted on the ground and warned about with signs and some times even flashing yellow lights near schools.

But in town you pretty much just have to use the crosswalk if you are 10 M or so from it, if you are 20 M up the road from it, you can cross there and dont have to take that detour.
Which sort of make sense to me as long as you are vigilant as you are then crossing at your own peril, but it do make me wonder why we dont have similar sensible rules other places in the traffic code.

If you cross in the middle of no where, of course the cars do not have to yield to you in any way, then you are on your own, and if you just walk out and block traffic, you will of course get a fine for that if a cop see it and can be bothered.
if you have a break down on a motorway, you pull over of course, but you can not run / walk back and forth across it never the less, the code say no pedestrians / cyclists / mopeds / farm equipment or other slow equipment unless with special permit and with follow / lead cars, and those slow transports are mainly at night.
Same with a larger road in town, you are requested to not walk across say 2 X 3 lanes, but the old byroad in my birth town we often walked over, actually in school we waited for a bunch of cars to be released at the intersection up the road, and then when they was a few M from us, the challenge was to run out in front of them and stand on the lane markings and have cars zip by you on both sides.

Which for dumb ass punk school kids was all good fun until you tore off a wing mirror when it hit you, but funny enough i can not recall anyone hitting the brakes or screeching tires or just slowing down,,,, or getting run over.

They say if you cringe thinking about past deeds, it is a sign you are growing up,,,,,,, i do a lot of growing up then, cuz lots in my past to cringe over again and again.

Back