Another Example of Why Bikers Have a Bad Reputation

DT MI

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
More than my wife thinks I need.
Title says it all. I was going 70 in a 70MPH zone - how fast was he going?

he was in a big hurry, will get to the funeral home quicker than everyone else the way he's going

That guy was actually kind of courteous. He weaved in and out of traffic.

In California where lane splitting is legal, he would have cut between you and the other car. He would have then split between the other cars too instead of going around. Both Harleys and sport bike riders will do it.

I find that less annoying than the morons on scooters who are nearly as dangerous as the above rider, but at one tenth the speed.

At least if someone without a dashcam is involved in an accident with the above rider, there will be little argument as to who is at fault. There used to be a couple of scooter riders in my area who would ride like noobs, cut cars off, then brake check the car if the driver beeped. A driver trying to prove they were cut off and brake checked by the scooter they just hit would have a hell of a fight on their hands.

Once someone passed me on a sweeping corner doing about 220 kph I was doing 100 kph in a truck, he came out of nowhere....

After a couple of years when all cars are driven by google robot i wonder how robots will react to these bikers when they come out of nowhere?

You can see the "average speed" camera cables all cut by the bikers so they can kill themselves on the "cat and fiddle" race track country lane near me !!!

The board of death at the pub lists the deaths..... 90% no other vehicle involved !

Its a brilliant road to drive in a lotus, but a bike ,......

Last edited:
Check out this motorcyclist almost giving me a heart attack as he cuts me off entering a roundabout!

You can see the "average speed" camera cables all cut by the bikers so they can kill themselves on the "cat and fiddle" race track country lane near me !!!

The board of death at the pub lists the deaths..... 90% no other vehicle involved !

Its a brilliant road to drive in a lotus, but a bike ,......

A few years ago they used to ride like that in mid Wales, on a bank holiday weekend I could expect to meet several ambulances and more often than not a motorcyclist lying flat on the road somewhere on my trip across Wales, but there don't seem to be any of the fast ones left, these days it is very rare to find one that isn't well behaved, and when I do it is normally one that my car can easily leave behind. I guess there was a limited supply of ones that fail the Darwin test.

A few years ago they used to ride like that in mid Wales, on a bank holiday weekend I could expect to meet several ambulances and more often than not a motorcyclist lying flat on the road somewhere on my trip across Wales, but there don't seem to be any of the fast ones left, these days it is very rare to find one that isn't well behaved, and when I do it is normally one that my car can easily leave behind. I guess there was a limited supply of ones that fail the Darwin test.
I thought it might be more to do with the huge effort plod put in to catch them? Maybe a combo of plod pulling some & fate catching the rest?

quit the opposite here..

Its possible to hit 130mph on the "straights" in a 1.8 litre car if the road is Known..... a bike, 170 mph plus briefly and I don't doubt its still as common as ever, maybe more so with non functioning cameras.

sounds like Deal's Gap (aka Tail of the Dragon) here in the states. there's a tree near a bar at one end of the good part of the road where people nail up parts of their car or bike when they wreck on the dragon. probably the worst thing about the road is that 18-wheelers try to drive it, but it's WAY too twisty for them, and they can't possibly keep the trailer in one lane (or sometimes even on pavement!) and people have died because of that, even when they weren't driving fast. and only recently (ie: about a month ago) did they FINALLY ban trucks/trailers over a certain length from the road.

http://bangshift.com/bangshiftapex/...ail-dragon-tennessee-videos-good-idea-inside/ - check the very first picture on that link.

It's pretty decent.
What's the point of sports bike just to follow along other cars?

I see worse everyday.

I find that less annoying than the morons on scooters who are nearly as dangerous as the above rider, but at one tenth the speed.

At least if someone without a dashcam is involved in an accident with the above rider, there will be little argument as to who is at fault. There used to be a couple of scooter riders in my area who would ride like noobs, cut cars off, then brake check the car if the driver beeped. A driver trying to prove they were cut off and brake checked by the scooter they just hit would have a hell of a fight on their hands.

*Rant* I hate those underpowered scooter idiots too. In Nevada they are unlicenced, uninsured, no helmets, no registration and no accountability (from an insurance perspective anyway) when they hit your vehicle/pedestrian/bicycle. When not riding like they own the middle of the road, they terrorize those who are lawfully using a bike lane. *Rant over...thank you :)*

Reactions: map
What's the point of sports bike just to follow along other cars?...
Maybe because that's the safe, sane, considerate, and legal thing to do? :rolleyes:

It's pretty decent.
What's the point of sports bike just to follow along other cars?

because everyone who buys a sports CAR also drives slow. right? right? :p

i've only ever been pulled over in my sports car (miata) once. that was on my way home from college station - i was towing my tire/tool trailer, and the trooper claims he just wanted to make sure my load was secure, since he'd never seen a miata towing a trailer before. i wasn't speeding, though i DID pass the trooper - because he was doing 50 in a 70 mph zone. but it was a casual pass, no full throttle antics (which is pointless in a miata towing a trailer anyway).

There is a story i heard about the president of the local HA chapter, in the old days before they became HA he was riding a cortch rocket ( a modified Honda CB900F )
One day the cops stopped him for speeding a lot, and all he had to comment to that was pointing to the lettering on the side of the motorcycle and ask the cop is it said fighter plane there :D

Back