Another Lunatic Bike

Well hello Mr. Death wish :rolleyes:

Apart from the overtake at a junction at the end, it didn't seem too bad to me. He seemed pretty poor at predicting stuff too. But he was an angel compared to the idiots I see daily.

I really don't mind two wheelers bending the rules as long as they aren't screwing someone over in the process, and they have the control to pull it off safely.

Motorbikes (real ones) have such acceleration that they can do things that look dangerous but really aren't.

Of course there are plenty of them who do use the speed recklessly.

Sent from my tap-to-talk using Tapatalk

Apart from the overtake at a junction at the end, it didn't seem too bad to me.

Did you miss him nearly being crushed between my vehicle and the steel railings in the central reservation at 0:20?

Did you miss him nearly being crushed between my vehicle and the steel railings in the central reservation at 0:20?
I don't think the front camera view adequately shows how close he was to you. The rear view showed him moving while you were stationary and accelerating past you. He should have had the speed to pass you safely - but seems slower in the forward view - did he hesitate?

If he cut in and stopped you doing what you had planned, that falls under my definition of screwing over.

Sent from my tap-to-talk using Tapatalk

To me it's not bad. Agree with @Rajagra he should have better anticipation of situation instead of those quick jerky maneuvering. I've seen worse in Asia.

Seems to me that he's riding at least fairly well- he's always positioned where I'd be in relation to cars where he's got a way out if needed. It's a very dynamic ever-changing situation on a bike where every decision must be right and done instantly with commitment. No comment on the lack of signals, illegal lane changes, making his own lanes etc.; that's his butt and license on the line, not mine!

Riding is an entirely different world than driving- there are no 'fender-benders' or small mistakes on a bike, and any crash for any reason at any speed can be fatal or worse. You have to operate much differently on a bike if you want to see the sun come up again and what looks dangerous to drivers might be the safest option available for a rider. It can't be properly judged from a driver's perspective ;)

Phil

...there are no 'fender-benders' or small mistakes on a bike, and any crash for any reason at any speed can be fatal or worse....
The number 1 reason why I 'smartened up' and quit riding many years ago. Realized that a long, fully functional, life is much more desirable than the occasional adrenaline rush and ego boost riding on 2 wheels provided.

It's definitely an assertive rider... but Lunatici are a different category altogether imho...
What's the deal with that front camera perspective though? A bit of a weird sensation :)

That being said, I have to admit I sometimes press the "let's keep this one button" on motorcyclists passing me by, just because they startled me while I was dozing off in the endless traffic jam called Belgium...
After reviewing the footage I usually have to admit to myself that riding a motorcycle in traffic would be far more pleasant, and I'd be making the same manoeuvres as I had just recorded... :rolleyes:

Its pretty rare i keep and post footage with motorcycles, and thats not due to them being extremely good and considerate drivers up here, its mostly when they are doing stupid stuff within the range of my cameras they are gone in a split second.
I have a clip of one guy recorded a couple of years ago, he is speeding and lane splitting / passing cars on the right at a intersection with 2 strait lanes.
And lane splitting are not allowed here so creeping in between the 2 lanes of cars waiting to go strait at a intersection is the same as overtaking the cars to his left on the right side.
9.95 out of 10 motorcyclist are always going too fast here, and the same numbers apply for motorcycles fitted with after marked exhaust systems thats often louder than the 90 Db i think is the limit here, Harley Davidson off course being the most loud ones.

I am glad i never got the MC license, cuz i am about as stupid as everyone else here, so i am pretty sure i would be dead today if i got that stamp on my license when i got for the car +30 years ago.

I would like a MC today now that i have cooled down, but then again i dont dare due to all the stupid s... people driving cars do.
Actually i wouldn't even like to drive a bicycle today though we have many bicycle paths here elevated by a 10 CM tall curb from the road.

Just about every week there is a head on accident where cars for no reason go into oncoming traffic, and me not being totally brain dead yet have no doubt what the reason is for that to happen.

Back