gqllc007

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi everyone. I want to get a dash cam. Some requirements are
1)Easy to use and mount
2)Works with Mac computers
3)I think I want one with an internal battery but am open to options
4)Auto start with ignition on and I assume auto loop??
5)high quality and willing to spend up to $400 (portability would be nice)
6)I am in US so purchasing from amazon most likely
7)I already have 32 and 64gb Class10's micro cards
Please feel free to recommend high quality dash cams
Thanks in advance

Hi everyone. I want to get a dash cam. Some requirements are
If you are looking to buy now.

1)Easy to use and mount
Vicovation line with their quick mount brackets
2)Works with Mac computers
Almost any camera will work here just need a Micro SD to SD to USB card adapter
3)I think I want one with an internal battery but am open to options
This is the only down side most Vico models do not use batteries. I've never had an issue though
4)Auto start with ignition on and I assume auto loop??
Just about all DashCams have Auto loop. For Auto off you may have to hardwire it in if your cig socket has constant power, or buy a splitter with a switch
5)high quality and willing to spend up to $400 (portability would be nice)
Vicovation is worth a look here as well just about there whole line is high end. The WF1 and Marcus 3 are rather portable. the TF2 isn't to bad, and the quick release brackets make it a snap whether you use a suction or 3M stick. In the Marcus 3 case you can even use a rear view mirror mount with the bracket.
6)I am in US so purchasing from amazon most likely
The WF1 and Marcus 3 are both on Amazon
7)I already have 32 and 64gb Class10's micro cards
The WF1 and TF2 take up to 32GB cards The TF2 is a full sized. The WF1 a micro. The Marcus 3 can take a 64GB card out of the box.

If you are not looking to buy right away you should keep an eye on the GuardTrak series that jokiin will be releasing.

I have first hand experience with the TF2, WF1, and Marcus 1. All good cameras. if you want something high end right now.

All 3 cameras are built really well and can stand up to a decent bit of heat. It comes down to a bit of what you prefer and need.

The TF2 is a very stable camera. It looks great in the daytime and at night time. It has a screen and dedicated audio mute button. It's one of the only cameras i know to offer a button that creates a one min locked file when you press a buton if something happens. Most other cameras i have seen lock the entire file segment.

The few down sides to the TF2 are it's size and no GPS

The WF1 works rather well with the latest firmware. it looks great day and at night. It does not have a screen so it is very tiny. It still retains the lock button that functions the same as the TF2 and uses WiFi and an app on Android and iOS to aim and set up the camera.

The only downside to the WF1 is no GPS

The Marcus 3 offers compact size while still retaining a screen. It shoots higher than 1080P Video. It has GPS but the antenna is external and sold separately. It retains the lock button and function like the WF1 and TF2. It is based on the new A7 chip so it is a bit of cutting edge technology.

The downside here is that the A7 chip is so new it has a few small issues that need to be ironed out, but nothing horrible, and Vico has been great in the past about getting issues fixed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you,
Between the Vocovation Marcus 3 and the TF2 what is the better choice? Both look good to me…Marcus 3 is on amazon…TF2 is on ebay

Well here is the thing.
The TF2 is a great camera. I have used mine for awhile now. I'm a screen person so I like my DashCams with screens and the screen on the TF2 is a nice size. The Marcus still has a screen, but it is tiny which makes it harder to see when looking into the car making it more discreet. a TF2 is maybe about 2 and 1/2 Marcus 3s side by side.

The TF2 has an A5 chip and is really solid with the one drawback being that if you update to the most new firmware night time video looks worse. In response to this Vicovation has given out and told users to go ahead and downgrade to the firmware before that one. No big deal. I asked them and done it myself. (Link to version 5.1i here/ new version 6.6 looks worse at night here)

The Marcus 3 has the newer A7 chip. The downside to this is that there are still a few minor bugs, but the A7 has a lot of room to improve. The A5 seems stable for the most part and may not have as much room because you can only do so much.

I'm excited to see what the A7 can do and like to be a little more on the edge so for me once these few bugs get fixed I plan on making the marcus 3 my main camera, and I can add gps down the road if i like.

If you came up to me and said I can only have one camera and want something solid i can set, forget, and trust my life to as soon as possible I would tell you get a TF2 Plus Premium and install firmware 5.5i (Make sure it is a TF2 Plus Premium and not just TF2. They are a little different)

Last edited:
Does the Marcus 3 use micro sd card? I already have a 32 and a 64 Class 10 sandisk extreme

Does the Marcus 3 use micro sd card? I already have a 32 and a 64 Class 10 sandisk extreme
Yes, but one of those small bugs is that not all 64GB cards are not working right now. I have a Transcend class 10 64GB card and it does not work at the moment. My 32GB card does. Vicovation has said they hope to have a firmware out today or monday to fix the issue. Another member here said they got a Samsung 64GB card to work with no issue.

Thanks guys….I bought the Marcus 3 ….. I still may buy the TF2 for my other vehicle

Thanks guys….I bought the Marcus 3 ….. I still may buy the TF2 for my other vehicle
If you bought it on Amazon hopefully you seen there are two listings. SpyTec listing is cheaper and ships from New York.

Thank you…Spytec was the place!

@CheckYourLights last software with wdr for tf2 is 5.0; your link is wrong.
I believe my link is correct, but I labeled it wrong. it's 5.1i not 5.5i. It is the version Vicovation recommended to me and it is the version currently on my TF2+P
They said V5.1i is the same version as Chinese V6.2.
j7vzg1.jpg

Hmm for tf2 ez? There is 5.0 and new ver. 5.2 with removed wdr.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back