Another rear view mirror dashcam question

nomen nescio

Reaction score
Country
Belgium
Dash Cam
mini 0806
I bought the mini 0806, which is a very good dashcam. But I want to have two rear view mirror dashcams as well (two cars). Not that it is necessary to have a rear view mirror dashcam but I like these gadget and you never know if on is going to need the footage in case of a traffic problem.

So, I have been thinking about getting two dashcams. I don't know which one to get. Maybe two different dashcams or maybe two of the same brand.

* Mobius

* Panorama X1

* Innovv C3

It has to be a very stealthy solution, good image quality, both day and night.

Can I have some help please.

I use the little mobius in the back of my car, it have a small footprint though the lens is 1-2 mm from the rear window in my suzuki splash.

The camera unit of the X1 seem to be a little larger than the mobius as seen from the lens end, but the x1 is newer hardware and it will enjoy the same good support that the mobius have, and the X1 have a headunit with a screen so i assume it could be used as a reversing camera of sorts.

The Innovv C3 might be the smallest footprint seen from the lens end, and it use a mini HDMI cable between the main unit and the camera so you can by a extension cable if needed ( this can allso be done with the X1 as its a USB cable between camera and main unit )
The C3 camera cable is a little stiff to work with, but its not a major drawback for a car install.

The mobius is well proven camera, paired with the optional supercaps instead of the battery its a true install and forget camera, and it have a little flashing red LED in the end, so when i drive i can see that in my rear view mirror and know its recording.

I would go with the mobius in respect to the prize / footprint question, the only minus is you have to go to the back of your car to get the SD card out, but if you only do that when somthing major have happened then you will not need to go there often.
You can allso more than half the footprint if you use the optional lens extension cable, the camera module of the mobius is very small but you will then have to DIY some form of mounting bracket for the bare lens module.

All 3 cameras enjoy good footage day and night, but in the long run the X1 might edge out ahead of the other due to the use of newer / better hardware.

Last edited:
Back