Another SG9665SC bootloop (?) problem?

jwr1221

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi all! First post to ask for some help with my SG9665SC. It seems like I'm having the same issue as others where it powers up, records for a few seconds then screen goes blank and it re-boots. It worked flawlessly for probably close to 4 years and just recently started this behavior. It was purchased from Pier28 back in 2016 sometime but I don't have any of the original paperwork to know when for sure. In the brief time it stays on and is recording, the screen flickers if that means anything...

Anyway, at first I thought it may have been the power adapter so I tried a different one of similar style (12VDC power port adapter to USB mini) with same results. So then I tried a different USB cable powered by a hard-wired 12VDC to USB converter. Same issue. Tried re-formatting the original 64Gb Transcend card and then tried a different 64Gb card and still had the same issue. I then updated the firmware to the latest ver 7 (SG20191111.V4) from the streetguardian website and still have the same issue.

Any other suggestions to try or is it just time to replace it?

Thanks for any suggestions you can offer!
Josh
Houston TX

Welcome to DCT Josh :) Jon, who handled the Pier28 store is now here as @Street Guardian USA and him or the manufacturer @jokiin will be here shortly to assist you.

Phil

Gee, after spending months trying to get help with my boot looping SG9665GC

Last edited by a moderator:
Gee, after spending months trying to get help with my boot looping SG9665GC

That strange, I remember seeing lots of posts of Street Guardian offering solutions

Perhaps you are just mistaken , I'm sure you wouldnt be intentionally posting statements that are unequivically false on purpose.

Last edited by a moderator:
That strange, I remember seeing lots of posts of Street Guardian offering solutions and you being intentionally uncooperatiive and dismissive.

Perhaps you are just mistaken and remembering your own lip service, I'm sure you wouldnt be intentionally posting statements that are unequivically false on purpose.

It's interesting DashCamOwnersAustralia, the only times I've ever had any interactions with you on this forum are when you show up and behave antagonistically.

Many SG9665GC V2 owners have reported this spontaneous rebooting failure and after a brief round of troubleshooting are offered a modest discount towards a new replacement camera. I was not offered that particular customer service resolution, but that is certainly Ric and Jon's prerogative.

Instead, I went through ten months of dealing with the camera when it sometimes worked and sometimes didn't but in the end it kept spontaneously rebooting constantly until it finally died. Then my older back-up SG9665GC V1 promptly died too. Although there were a few offers of assistance several months in, such as Jokiin's encouraging offer, "Let us know how you go, if there's still issues let me know and I'll arrange something with Jon." Unfortunately, nothing actionable ever came of that. There was eventually an offer from Jon to send the camera back for "analysis" which I found to be entirely impractical as there was no actual solution being offered and frankly the whole thing felt a bit insincere. I believe this was likely related to the backstory I referred to in the other thread about this problem. Ultimately, I needed to get the camera replaced.

Interestingly, I went out and purchased a SGGCX2PRO+ to replace the failed SG9665GC. Much to my shock and surprise the new camera had several significant problems. After about a week of testing and trying my best to get a decent reliable image out of the thing I returned it. 250 bucks for this?, I thought! Maybe I got a bad one? I was going to post a thread about my experience with video and screen shot examples but in the end I decided it wasn't worth all the hassle or the flack from members like you that would likely have ensued. It was time to move on.

Last edited:
Back