Another SGZC12RC spotted in the wild

Mikk36

Reaction score
Country
Estonia
Dash Cam
SGGCX2, SGZC12RC
Last edited:
I can see screw has rust on it. We will address this issue with factory because it's a first case like this I have experienced. Let me know if you need a new charger. I can dispatch tomorrow.
Sorry for troubles.

I'm not worried about the charger, this is only a surface rust after all and is not in contact with the electronic. It's just that it's slightly surprising to find this from a premium product.

I dont not know why or what caused it going rust, from customer POV rusty screw is not acceptable and despite its a minor issue, we will address this furthure to factory QC team and I am going to look after the customers.

I'm not worried about the charger, this is only a surface rust after all and is not in contact with the electronic. It's just that it's slightly surprising to find this from a premium product.
Agree and we will going pay more attention on this. Thanks for addressing it.

Was a bit surprised to find a screw with this kind of looks.

Yes, it's not something you'd expect but all it takes is a tiny scratch on the screw from a screwdriver or even rubbing against other screws in the packet it came from, then a tiny bit of someone's finger print to provide some salt to encourage the corrosion. Even if gloves are worn during assembly, sometimes gloves split especially when working with fiddly and hard/pointed things like screws.
I think the charger or the cam will die of old age before the rusted screw crumbles.

But it's good to see @niko is keen to provide top customer service if you feel a replacement is required.

Another question about the motion detection on the 12RC. Does it somehow detect the ACC status of the car through the Multi Safer hardwire kit or is the motion detection always enabled, also while the car is running?

Another question about the motion detection on the 12RC. Does it somehow detect the ACC status of the car through the Multi Safer hardwire kit or is the motion detection always enabled, also while the car is running?
It doest have feature to switch to parking / motion detection. Best to leave motion detection always ON.

Well, for some reason, after reformatting the 128 GB Samsung card in the camera, it only shows up as a 23.75 GB RAW partition.

As to how I removed the card from camera: Pressed the top button to make it stop recording and then unplugged the card.

Well, for some reason, after reformatting the 128 GB Samsung card in the camera, it only shows up as a 23.75 GB RAW partition.

As to how I removed the card from camera: Pressed the top button to make it stop recording and then unplugged the card.
What exact Samsung series card do you use?
Try to run H2Testw.

I stuck the card back into the main unit and all the files are visible there. Odd.

As for testing with H2testw, can't do it. It expects a working partition to do its job and the only way I could get that is to reformat it in my computer.
I'll check again tomorrow at work with a different card reader (I also left the one you supplied with the camera to work).

Last edited:
I dont not know why or what caused it going rust, from customer POV rusty screw is not acceptable and despite its a minor issue, we will address this furthure to factory QC team and I am going to look after the customers.

Hi @niko FYI I just received 5 more units of SGZC12RC V2 and 4 of them have some level of rust on the screws, not as bad as the photo but definitely visible.

a by product of having been stored in a humid environment, I'll mention it to our cable supplier though

Thanks. Also, is the 1.01.02 firmware that is on the V2 units the latest?

Back