Another SGZC12RC spotted in the wild

I stuck the card back into the main unit and all the files are visible there. Odd.

As for testing with H2testw, can't do it. It expects a working partition to do its job and the only way I could get that is to reformat it in my computer.
I'll check again tomorrow at work with a different card reader (I also left the one you supplied with the camera to work).

Yes, please try the OTG card reader supplied.

The included reader works, apparently the format is slightly odd for the micro reader at my home, it formatted the card initially just fine into FAT32.

The included reader works, apparently the format is slightly odd for the micro reader at my home, it formatted the card initially just fine into FAT32.

I am glad it worked out for you.

One thing I'm not super happy about is the supercharger whine being so audible.
This is mainly because my car does not have one.

One thing I'm not super happy about is the supercharger whine being so audible.
This is mainly because my car does not have one.
You mean a sort of backround whistle-sound while you accelerating ?

Yes, that one.
I know it originates from the alternator, but the DR32 does not have that. Of course it's powered by a completely different adapter too, an Aukey 30W QC2.0 charger.
The interior blower fan is so well audible because it's right behind that compartment where the main unit sits.

Yes, that one.
I know it originates from the alternator, but the DR32 does not have that. Of course it's powered by a completely different adapter too, an Aukey 30W QC2.0 charger.
The interior blower fan is so well audible because it's right behind that compartment where the main unit sits.
Noise Suppressor filter may help ?

https://goo.gl/photos/uFtqaj4YzGwxWws26

Got my Mobius, so I installed it as the rear camera to accompany the 12RC.
Wire is yet again tucked away behind the roof liner, so it looks quite clean.
Included some photos to show how it looks from the rear view mirror.

Here's also an image from the footage from the Mobius to show how much the C2 lens sees:
REC_0005.MOV_snapshot_00.25_%5B2016.01.20_09.43.10%5D.jpg

One note about the motion detection:
Having 2 days full of rain means only 2 days worth of recording on a 128 GB memory card.
Thanks to the camera sitting so close to the windscreen every little drop of water is constantly triggering the motion detection and keeping the camera recording almost at all times.

Oh and another thing I had an issue with:
The power adapter came loose from the hardwire kit I got with the camera from Niko.
Seems that it doesn't want to sit in that tightly, will have to figure out some kind of locking mechanism for it (or just pull it tight with some wire or something).

One note about the motion detection:
Having 2 days full of rain means only 2 days worth of recording on a 128 GB memory card.
Thanks to the camera sitting so close to the windscreen every little drop of water is constantly triggering the motion detection and keeping the camera recording almost at all times.

Oh and another thing I had an issue with:
The power adapter came loose from the hardwire kit I got with the camera from Niko.
Seems that it doesn't want to sit in that tightly, will have to figure out some kind of locking mechanism for it (or just pull it tight with some wire or something).

Please e-mail me directly along with photos to better understand, so I can keep record for the future.

Just a random note on the audio: looks like it's possible to hear the camera writing data to the SD card.
Clearly audible with motion detection active.
First 5 seconds are silent, then a ~3 seconds of constant high-pitch buzzing for a moment (burst writing of buffer) and then continuous tweeting while new footage is being recorded.

Added a sample, audio is amplified in that to make it audible better.

Attachments

• 20160318_141955.zip
    462.8 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
Back