Anti glare / Anti reflective coating for Blackvue 900S

Guess what, the OP is back after half a year.

In my tests, I find the French CPL filter to be better. It's officially recommended by Blackvue. It does make the video a bit darker (roughly up to 15% darker than without the filter), but it does a fair job (not perfect) of helping to reduce the glare. I found the other filter had a manually adjustable CPL strength filter, but when you adjusted it, the video quality turned blurry. I find with both filters sometimes when it's exposed to A LOT of sunlight, that the sky in video playback looks yellowy green'ish blue, instead of blue.

As for the 900 and 750, I'd go with the 900. Reading number plates which are more than 30cm away, LOL, the power of 4k, is more important than Brightness. The 2-CH 900S does come with a rear 1080p camera that has the Sony Starvis sensor. But there is a clear reason/possibility why Blackvue delayed the release of the 900, because the Sony Starvis sensor is not really good at night time with the rear 1080p 30fps camera. Blackvue no doubt probably tried this with the front camera but were 'not satisfied with the night time performance' which is why they may have used a different sensor for the front camera.

I've been pretty busy which is why I didn't get back and since not many people were participating on this site at the time. Which explains why I've been away.

I can post a Blackvue 900S 2-CH Review/Update video to YouTube but that video is not scheduled to go up until not this weekend, but next weekend, due to my schedule.

But there is a clear reason/possibility why Blackvue delayed the release of the 900, because the Sony Starvis sensor is not really good at night time with the rear 1080p 30fps camera. Blackvue no doubt probably tried this with the front camera but were 'not satisfied with the night time performance' which is why they may have used a different sensor for the front camera.

same sensor delivers great low light results in other cameras, limitation is nothing to do with the sensor

same sensor delivers great low light results in other cameras, limitation is nothing to do with the sensor

Skip to 4:23 - 5:50 to view rear camera footage.

This test was done BEFORE I got the filter, since I didn't get the Blackvue until end of October last year.

Maybe it's just cause the rear camera was only filming at 1080p 30fps. The front camera is very good at picking up front number plates from further away which it no doubt does better than 1080p and most 1440p dash cameras, which is very important, for insurance and court/police.

As for the front camera and Sony Starvis, need someone from Blackvue to confirm why they chose not to put that sensor in the front cam. Maybe to keep costs down, but Blackvue did delay the 900 cause they weren't happy with the night performance in their tests. I have to say that the front cam brightness does definitely suffer in the brightness. Could up the brightness in Microsoft Movie Maker or CyberLink Power Director 16, but it makes the background sky look washed out.

And they would have probably called it the 750. :unsure: :ROFLMAO:

Back