Anti glare / Anti reflective coating for Blackvue 900S

Skybird

Reaction score
Country
New Zealand
Hey all, here's one of my videos. I have a Toyota Prius C (Aqua). And my dash cam is installed behind the driver's centre-windshield mirror (middle top of windshield). It picks up reflection pretty badly and I clean my windshield pretty much daily since winshields are easy to get dirty.

I was thinking, instead of paying a lot of money to apply an anti-reflective coating to my windshield, how about I pay for a small anti-reflective flap that fits over the front dash cam lens?

I have a Sony 4k HDR KDX8000E TV which actually has an anti-glare screen, wooo. My HP white laptop has one too. However some anti-glare coatings for windows can dim the amount of light significantly making your footage considerably less brightness making any captured video footage appear considerably darker.

It's not always this bad but if it's bright sunlight, well, that's how it is for me. And it's currently Summer for New Zealand and Australia.

Thanks. However they (many sellers incl. this one) don't deliver to New Zealand. However I've found some NZ retailers who do something like it may need to improvise on how to install it and it's cheaper that what they're charging on Amazon from link provided by other person above.

My Toyota Aqua does have a sun visor thingy but it's a small area coverage on the windshield and the wipers don't fully cover it so needs to be within windshield wipers for it to be any good for when it rains.

https://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Se..._suggested=0&generalSearch_suggestedCategory=

Have you had a look at the Nextbase CPL? With a bit of ingenuity you can fit it to the cam using either a step up collar or the BV lens cap. HERE (UK).

Thanks. However they (many sellers incl. this one) don't deliver to New Zealand. However I've found some NZ retailers who do something like it may need to improvise on how to install it and it's cheaper that what they're charging on Amazon from link provided by other person above.

My Toyota Aqua does have a sun visor thingy but it's a small area coverage on the windshield and the wipers don't fully cover it so needs to be within windshield wipers for it to be any good for when it rains.

https://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Se..._suggested=0&generalSearch_suggestedCategory=

Thats pretty normal, and the solution is easy and used by most international buyers that buy stuff from the US. You need a mail forwarder, the cost is minimal and they will consolidate as many shipments as you send them into one box and send it to your country.

www.Myus.com is the most popular in this field

I guess your issue is now solved. You got the source information, and the shipping method

Thats pretty normal, and the solution is easy and used by most international buyers that buy stuff from the US. You need a mail forwarder, the cost is minimal and they will consolidate as many shipments as you send them into one box and send it to your country.

www.Myus.com is the most popular in this field

I guess your issue is now solved. You got the source information, and the shipping method

HEY EVERYONE.

Does anyone know what size the lens is for the FRONT camera to the 900S? 62mm/etc?

https://www.pbtech.co.nz/category/cameras/camera-filters/cpl-filters
https://dashcamsaustralia.com.au/shop/dashcams/blackvue/blackvue-cpl-filter-2/ <--- probably doesn't ship to NZ.

I have emailed Blackvue's NZ distributor to see if they sell something like it.

I visited their site it's like in French. I'll see what I can get locally from NZ retailers. It's like Tue 11:03 pm for me. I'm on summer holiday so staying up a bit late (AU and NZ have summer Dec-Feb).

Thanks. I feel like I'm chatting with Support...

Got an email back from Blackvue NZ. Being a 3rd party item they don't stock it. Guess I'll wing it and get a filter from a 3rd party item selling in NZ and plonk it with some care on my front dash cam.

Good night.

Guess I'll wing it and get a filter from a 3rd party item selling in NZ and plonk it with some care on my front dash cam.
Don't forget that you need to be able to rotate it for best effect once fitted.

I checked the polorizing filter from that French company and have calculated they charge the equivalent of NZ$93 which is inclusive of their slower 4-6 business day international delivery or NZ$127 which is inclusive of their slightly faster 1-5 business day international delivery. They call New Zealand and Australia in their own French language. O well, YouTubers will have to put up with my videos until I decide to get locally and improvise or go with this international order. The French company delivers to NZ. Is it so hard for sellers to deliver to a commonwealth country? I'll go to a camera warehouse or PB Tech NZ when I can this week since I'm still on summer vacation.

But yeah, Blackvue, you really should be selling your expensive products with some kind of anti-reflective filter for their lenses. Blackvue NZ have confirmed Blackvue unfortunately haven't done this but there is a French company that does and who delivers to NZ.

7daycam deliver to New Zealand for only $5, so the total cost of the filter and shipping is $44.99
https://www.7daycam.com/product-page/polarizit-cpl-lens-filter
You need to select the 'B90' model for DR900S to get the correct version, as the B76 for DR750S has a deeper lense recess due to slightly different models, so doesn't fit right.
ADD TO CART
then - SELECT DELIVERY COUNTRY

7daycam are very quick - they post out of California, US and take less than a week in most cases.

I do not recommend the French company at all, as their product was very poor quality and had a bad filter (see my thread, linked above)

Back