Anti glare / Anti reflective coating for Blackvue 900S

Pictures of the fitment and video samples please?
We've recorded a video tutorial on this today, will be published tomorrow'ish, however it's going to be in Polish. I'll try to sort out some pics to upload quicker, as I have this setup in my car with DR900S at the moment.

Wysłane z mojego ONEPLUS A5000 przy użyciu Tapatalka

We've recorded a video tutorial on this today, will be published tomorrow'ish, however it's going to be in Polish. I'll try to sort out some pics to upload quicker, as I have this setup in my car with DR900S at the moment.
is it a tight enough fit that it doesn't fall off?

Here's the video on Viofo CPL filters with Blackvue dashcams:

It's in Polish so you can scroll to 1m10s to see how it fits and then 4m16s to see the video footage from DR900S with / without CPL.

Wysłane z mojego ONEPLUS A5000 przy użyciu Tapatalka

The polarizing filter does not need to be adjusted if it is already polarized vertically with the sun facing it.
That's why we deliver it already fixed in factory and you do not have to worry about the setting every time you put it in place
Our filters are officially recommended by Blackvue and we ship worldwide or through our partners
CPL-Filter-900.jpg
render-CPL-Filter-4k-900.jpg
render-CPL-Filter-shema.png

Top 3 suppliers. How much they sell their CPL Filter products for the Blackvue 900S 1-CH or Blackvue 900S 2-CH Front cam only. Note all prices I listed below are after they have been converted into New Zealand dollars and time frames indicate approximate time to ship internationally to New Zealand.

EDR AUTO FRANCE (prices listed on this site are in Euro$)
Item: $43
Shipping: $12 10 business days, $42 3-4 business days, $76 1-5 business days.
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
THE DASHCAM STORE (prices listed on this site are in US$)
Item: $51
Shipping: $44 DHL Express (only shipping option, ? business days).
__________________________________________________________________________________________________
7 DAYCAM
Item: $59
Shipping: $7 8-10 business days, $44 4-6 business days
___________________________________________________________________________________________________

Some CPL filters tend to really dim and really reduce the brightness of the recording video once they cover the lens, which is something I want to avoid. Will look into selecting which of these international sellers I may look to get the item from. I only need a filter for the front cam. As my rear window is UV tinted. I have a Prius C (Aqua).

NZ retailers do sell lens CPL filters but I don't know what size lens the front dash cam is (60mm? 700mm?) and how to install it from these NZ retailers (sellotape? LOL). The good thing about the above 3 international sellers..... is that their product comes with a band which easily installs on your device.

Another issue could be fog/dehumidifier? And if my Blackvue lens may be more prone to condensation with a CPL filter installed?

Our filters are officially recommended by Blackvue and we ship worldwide or through our partners

Hi.

It's great to here from our French seller. Yes! Blackvue mentions on their website and links to your site regarding CPL filter. It's just a Pity Blackvue doesn't sell CPL filters themselves.

EDR AUTO FRANCE (prices listed on this site are in Euro$)
Item: $43*
Shipping: $12* 10 business days, $42* 3-4 business days, $76* 1-5 business days.
* Prices have been converted to NZ$.
_________________________________________________________________________________________________

I've noticed 7day and dash cam are other sellers of CPL filters.

I will likely only need to use the filter during the day. Though it'll be great to use it at night without compromising video quality and you still get plenty of glare at night from headlights and streetlights.

Weird thing is that my Navman Drive Duo doesn't tend to reflect light as badly as the Blackvue 900S. The 900S is the best cause you can read number plates a lot further away than those 1080p and 1440p Navman products.

If they did, it would probably be two or three times the price of a third party one.

Hey, which company would you recommend getting from?

EDR Auto France (recommended by Blackvue)
7daycam
The Dashcam Store

I have a Toyota Prius C (Aqua) this car has a higher slanting windscreen which reflects like craycray in bright sunlight and sometimes as night (street lights and headlights).

Choosing one of these three as they all deliver to NZ.

Guess what, I just ordered it.

7daycam or what you call it.

Was going to go with the official French company backed by Blackvue, but after reviewing reviews from participants on here, I followed suit.

Opted for the faster 4-6 working day rather than wait for the slower 6-10 working day, shipping.

Cost me NZ$106.96 (incl. currency conversion fee). My bank is ANZ (major AU/NZ bank). Welp..... slightly, could be worse. It's 1:40 a.m 15 January Tuesday for me. Now I can go to sleep and not worry. Hopefully it goes great once I receive the device (in a timely prompt manner, I paid for the expensive option) and that my testing goes great. Best time to test since it's currently summer in NZ/AU.

Reason why I didn't go with the French company is I detected in the videos I watched the edge reflects light. Not surprising since only half of it surrounded by plastic/aluminium. And that edge glass can reflect like a prism possibly.

I felt my decision was the best for me.

Will let you's know once it arrives. Will post some pics and videos too.

I watched that video like a hundred times. I could give that ago once I've got some more money flowing and if I'm not satisfied with the 7day one. Might contact 7day now to see if it's been dispatched. I don't have a paypal account. For some reason I got a refund of US$15/NZ$24 ANZ hasn't processed it yet.

My real world testing of both is detailed on page 2 of this thread;
https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/polarizing-filters-options.35945/

This is basically what I found in my own use of both. Other people may have different results and prefer different lenses/products.

BlackVue CPL filters, sold on most websites (made by Moovika)
filter-jpg.41719

Polarizit CPL filters, sold by 7DAYCAM
polarizit-jpg.41720

You can see on the Polarizit filter, there is no black mark along the edge of the picture where the filter holder is in view, like on the Moovika one.
And because you can manually adjust it, the filter on the Polarizit one gives a better reflection block.

To adjust it is really easy.
Just put something white or light coloured on your dashboard - then livestream the front camera to your phone using the BlackVue app.
Then turn the filter until the white reflection on the camera goes as dim as possible.

Here are some photos of the product, packaging and comparison next to the one sold on some BlackVue websites (made my Moovika)

My system is the DR900S-2ch
I have black tape covering the logos on the front of camera to make it less visible through the windscreen.

Polarizit don't seem to do a rear camera filter, so I can't do a comparison of that aspect.

The quality different between the two can clearly be seen, starting from the packaging - the Polarizit filter comes in its own tin holder, with foam insert to protect (bought from 7daycam and posted to UK from California)
The Moovika made one feels like it's very rough textured and made from a 3D printer, then the glass filter part just glued in and fixed in position.
The Polarizit filter is very well made and has a very smooth rotating lens filter which you can adjust to your own vehicle. It looks feels like a quality product, to match the quality of BlackVue.

The glass filter looks slightly larger and is a better fit around the lens.

img_20180914_125300-jpg.41701

img_20180914_125335-jpg.41702

img_20180914_125415-jpg.41703

img_20180914_140547-jpg.41704

img_20180914_140618-jpg.41706

img_20180914_140919-jpg.41707

img_20180914_141003-jpg.41708

img_20180914_141116-jpg.41709

img_20180914_141138-jpg.41710

Since then, I have now also found a good quality CPL filter for the rear camera.
I use the B1W CPL filter (for the Bluskysea dash cam).
It was about £6 (GBP) and is a good fit for the curved rear camera. I used a bit of black sticky tack on two of the sides (2 small dots) to hold it on the camera.
s-l1600.jpg
s-l1600 (1).jpg

You did not buy the right filter for the DR900S but you bought the one for the DR650S/750S.
Of course, this can not work properly and you have vignetting because the height of the lens is not the same on the DR750S and DR900S.

IMG_1669.jpg
IMG_1670.jpg
cap_20180405_214955_NF_00_00_02_01.jpg
cap_20190116_133049_NF_00_00_08_01.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks - that may explain the intrusion into the image from the edge of the mount, and the refraction caused on the opposite edge if the filter is not the correct fit.
I had ordered from the eBay store and ordered the DR900S-2CH version, which came in the white box with DR900S sticker on the side, and front & rear ticked, and the instructions showed the DR900S in the image. It's possible the wrong one was included in the box.
I can see from your image that each model is slightly different, the DR750S having the circle cut outs, but the DR900S version not having these.

It would make sense that the wrong filter has caused the image issues I had seen - as the DR750S has a deeper lens protrusion, so if this was put on the DR900S, it would leave an extra gap between the lens and the CPL.

I'm sure the correct filter fitment would work great.

I'll try and amend my original posts on this thread and the linked thread to highlight this - so that it doesn't give unwarranted negative review comparisons.
Thanks

Last edited:
As shown in our picture, The reference is noted on the box so you can not go wrong.
A CPL DR650/750 filter will not fit on a DR900.
The insertion instructions paper for the CPL filter is the same for all filters and all blackvue dashcam

I've amended my posts in this thread and the linked thread to account for the this.
Thanks for highlighting it.

That's ok, thanks - The original filter been passed on 3 or 4 months ago.

Last edited:
Back