Anti glare / Anti reflective coating for Blackvue 900S

I ordered it from EDR Auto, Blackvue's official French recommended. Cost NZ$121.60 (incl. GST/Chronopost). Or $70 Euros. Went with their $45 Euro Chronopost 1-4 day shipping. Their website says it's in stock, and they gave me a reference. Mind you on their EDR site you do get that black/grey ad that pops up, I use google chrome. Chronopost/EDR have a target delivery with my shipping option of Thursday 24 January 2019.

Contacted 7 day twice earlier this week no response. You can only reply to them via email.

It's sad sometimes how long it takes to ship to a commonwealth country, NZ. O well. It is important for me to have this filter as no one wants to look at excessive reflections especially when modern smaller cars tend to have lower angled windshields (eg. Toyota Prius C, etc).

Now it'll be interesting to see which one gets here first. 7 days has already had 6 days and I chose their fastest shipping option. Will review the product if and when I get it, from 7 day and/or EDR. The prices we have to pay over here in NZ are ridiculous. I'm just too eager to get it cause I want to continue my YouTube videos without the hassle of those reflections.

Hello Skybird
I searched a message with your email but I did not find.
Anyway I saw your order and she will leave Monday as planned
Express shipping costs are indeed very high from France.
Your order are scheduled to be delivered on January 24
With normal shipping price is 7 € but the delivery 10 days is not guaranteed, it can sometimes be faster it depends.
Maybe our partner in Australia AUTO BLACKBOX PTY LTD is more competitive with shipping costs for New Zeland

Last edited:
Its Monday morning currently in AU and NZ. NZT 11:24 am still the summer holidays. France is a day behind NZ. Look forward to seeing it soon. Great to see customer support from you guys here. Will post after it arrives and testing.

Its Monday morning currently in AU and NZ. NZT 11:24 am still the summer holidays. France is a day behind NZ. Look forward to seeing it soon. Great to see customer support from you guys here. Will post after it arrives and testing.
You got a Prius or a Delorean? It's Sunday morning here ;)

And it's still Saturday night here. But we are on 'real' time:love:

k I made a booboo SUNDAY 5:34 p.m for me. Got confused cause it's a long weekend, Wellington Anniversary tomorrow (Monday 21st) which is a public holiday over here. I'm still in holiday mode. Hot and sunny.

My 7 day filter just arrived this evening. Here's some pics. My car was parked facing north but the sun sets in the west so wasn't able to get quite good pictures. 7 day support isn't as good as EDR Auto France. EDR Auto France Support is A+. But hey it arrived in the end and does a fair job. Plus 7 day decided to refund me US$15 which is NZ$24, maybe out of goodness. So paid NZ$84 for it which included the priority shipping. Not waiting 2 weeks for international shipping.

My Blackvue recommended filter from France EDR, is due tomorrow. This one cost me NZ$121 which includes the expensive priority shipping with Chronopost. Chronopost's website is nice with pretty pictures. Chronopost since we don't have it in NZ has assigned DHL Express, which we have in NZ, to handle the delivery network.

Will do some driving around with both filters hopefully this weekend and do a YouTube video of it. It's supposed to be delivered to Wellington but DHL Express says my Wellington address but instead of Wellington it says Mt. Wellington, which is not the city Wellington, but Mt. Wellington is a suburb in Auckland (NZ). Should be delivered to the correct place provided by EDR and Chronopost.

Soon I'll be able to look forward to not putting up with so many crazy reflections that my 900S sees. I don't need a rear filter as my car's rear window is tinted but still able to record through it with ease.View attachment 44226View attachment 442263.jpg4.jpg4.jpg5.jpgSnapShot(7).jpg

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:
Are the pics supposed to show any difference?I can't see any.

I'm guessing the first 2 are the same (same time stamp) and have the filter on.
The 3rd is slightly earlier, and based on the colour difference appears not to have filter on, or not calibrated. Skybird should be able to confirm.

Ah. Missed that. Doesn't seem to be a lot of windscreen reflection suppression though. Needs rotating for min reflections?

Tracked my French order its reached auckland nz and is in customs. Got a txt from DHL Expeess saying it could be delayed. Arrived in NZ 3 hrs ago. That's fast.

With the French one it doesnt need calibrating which is better. My last picture was with the filter so may need to calibrate it. Could partially tell cause the picture is darker. If the EDR performs better I may keep the 7 day one in storage or sell it.

To calibrate it, just place a piece of white paper on your dashboard. This will then reflect up only the windscreen.

Live stream your DR900S to your phone so you can see the front view image.
Then turn the filter a tiny bit at a time and see the paper reflection get darker/fainter.
Remember there will be about a 1 second delay on your phone, so wait to check the image before thinking it's ok, because it may catch up with the delay and you've gone past the sweet spot.

Good thing I chose Express delivery. DHL Express txt me it could be delayed. Imagine how slow standard shipping would take 10 working days plus give 3 working delays if it got delayed too. O well.

Will probably get it next business day. Screenshot_20190125-093902_Samsung Internet.jpg

Finally got it! Yay. There was a delay since Chronopost told DHL Express my delivery address was Mt. Wellington (which is in Auckland) instead of Wellington.

I can see some glue they've used to attach the glass to the black holder in one of the corners (see photo), but with this one you don't have to calibrate it unlike the 7day one. Will post some pictures this weekend to conclude this thread.

20190128_194119.jpg

Tracked my French order its reached auckland nz and is in customs. Got a txt from DHL Expeess saying it could be delayed. Arrived in NZ 3 hrs ago. That's fast.

With the French one it doesnt need calibrating which is better. My last picture was with the filter so may need to calibrate it. Could partially tell cause the picture is darker. If the EDR performs better I may keep the 7 day one in storage or sell it.

Cannot wait to see comparative test.
I’m from Au. I Will be interested to buy it from you... just pm me. Thanks.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Will post some pictures this weekend to conclude this thread.

No weekend in the last 3 months ? ^^ Just kidding ;)

Did anyone a test at night with the CPL lens ?
The daytime test video (not on a 900) from danlat1415 looks amazing
but how does it look at night with the 900 ? less light on the video ? video still ok ?

I am interested to buy a lens from the french dealer (because I am from Germany) but 60 EUR is a lot of money for such small item :D

The answer to this CPL at night discussion is simple.
1. Daytime. If you have reflections of the dashboard in the windscreen diluting the contrast of the daytime picture, then get a CPL. It will almost completely fix the problem. If you don't have this daytime problem, then don't get one as you don't really need one at night.

2. Nighttime. If you have a CPL fitted and find that the light reduction due to the CPL, in your opinion, makes the night picture 'worse' than without it, then take it off at night. (You get a much reduced level of dash reflection at night so don't strictly speaking need a CPL.)

The BV CPL can just be slid 'sideways' to get it out of camera view, so it's easy enough to do.

PS. The nighttime picture that the 750 produces is superior to that from the 900 due to the 750 having the Sony 'StarViz' 1080 sensor fitted. This sensor has larger pixels than the 1440 sensor fitted to the 900, thus producing a much brighter picture in low light conditions. So if you do most of your driving at night, get a 750, not a 900 (and save yourself a bunch of cash in the process)

This answer (Point 1. and 2.) I already read before and in general correct, my question was related to real time experience, a video / screen shot to see the difference.
I already have a 900-2CH and want to know if it is worth to buy the 60 EURO CPL. I work in a shift system (morning, afternoon, night) and don't want to permanently add or remove the lens.

However, many thy for your answer :)

Skybird disappeared after getting his Moovika filter. So which one was better?

Back