Any camera with video stream via USB or Ethernet?

Francisco SP

Reaction score
Country
Mexico
Hello.
I'm a newbie in this world of cameras in general, so after searching on the WEB I feel that I'm running out of options.

I'm currently trying to detect in real time how many people are inside of a car, to do so I need an IR camera that can stream the video to a computer. I've seen some cameras that can do it via RTSP using a wifi hotspot. For several reasons I can't use a wifi hotspot, I think I need a dash-camera with RTSP through ethernet or USB, does anybody knows if it exists?.

Another thing that I want to mention is that I only need one camera (for passengers), and on the internet, all the IR dashcams that I've found are dual (one camera for the front and another for the passengers), I can work with a dual camera, but I believe a dash-camera with just a camera would be cheaper, anyway, it's not that important.

At the end of the day I'm thinking that maybe it's better an actual WEBCAM, but before moving to that option I want to hear opinions from people that know a little more about dashcams.

Thanks in advance.

Why not use the seat sensors? The ones that give a seat belt warning if someone is in the seat but not wearing the seat belt.

Why not use the seat sensors? The ones that give a seat belt warning if someone is in the seat but not wearing the seat belt.
Thanks for you answer.
I want to extract more information from the video, for example, if the driver is watching or talking on his cellphone, sorry for not being clear there.
Cheers.

Why not to use almost any IP camera with ethernet? There are even many cheap ones with IR backlight and are able to "remove" IR filter.
Thanks for your time.
That might be a good option, but before searching alternatives I wanted to know if there are dashcams that already do that, they are more convenient 'cause their energy consumption and they are more discrete.
Cheers.

Back