Any chance for collaboration with Blendmount?

limited combination of cars and cameras that these mounts will work for, if it works for you go for it but it's not for everybody

Fast forward to 2020 and most new cars now have sensors and cameras around the rear view mirror area and there are considerable no go areas for mounting accessories inclusive of dashcams.

This makes dual-remote cams a better option, as the cam module is small and light so you can place it just about anywhere :) The possible drawback is that there can be some interference issues between cam and car sensors because of the close proximity :( Advanced technology is never a perfect solution and never will be.

Phil

Fast forward to 2020 and most new cars now have sensors and cameras around the rear view mirror area and there are considerable no go areas for mounting accessories inclusive of dashcams.

My research is that a mount system like the Blendmount can be used to install a dashcam a distance back from the windscreen out of the way of the sensors etc.

That's why I have just bought one, otherwise my dashcam would have to be to the extreme right/left side of the windscreen which is not ideal.

Keep in mind that the farther back from the glass you mount the camera from the windshield, the more water droplets, dirt or anything else that may get on the glass will have a tendency to be seen by the camera to some degree. The same camera mounted directly against the glass will tend to have a clearer image as these contaminants will be more (or completely) out of focus. Reflections in the glass, even with a CPL will be more pronounced as well. Of course, all this will be especially an issue if the camera is used in parking mode as your wiper blades will not be in use.

Last edited:
My research is that a mount system like the Blendmount can be used to install a dashcam a distance back from the windscreen out of the way of the sensors etc.

That's why I have just bought one, otherwise my dashcam would have to be to the extreme right/left side of the windscreen which is not ideal.
A viable approach that I've used in at least 4 vehicles now is to mount the camera on the sensor housing - admittedly it may not work for everything but it's ideal, IMO, for most 'wedge' and 'tube' cameras.

what you drive?

I have a Blendmount for a Radar Detector for my F150 and love it. It was actually easier to tap into the power of the mirror with a very short cable and easily remove the detector when I don't need it (i.e. parking at the airport). While I'd love to have a dashcam that I can mount "behind" the mirror I'm not sure that's an optimal location.

Last edited:
netnode said:
what you drive?

A 2020 Subaru Forester Touring.

I have zero issues with vibration or any other perceived problems discussed on here about using the mount.20200117_165016.jpg

No offense, but that is butt-ugly.

maybe he is a cop and is using it for a radar??

I want to see the police department that blows its Equitable Sharing on custom radar gun windshield mounts.

Back