Any custom manufacturers around?

kindai

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Random question, does anyone know of any manufacturers who may be interested in working out some sort of bulk deal on a custom designed dash cam?

There is a lot of manufacturers here. How much do you have ? :D

If you go highly customised you may have to spend quite a lot of time chasing newly-created 'bugs'. Cams take time and money to get right and even then quirky bugs - sometimes incurable - can be discovered weeks or months later.

Are there really no suitable 'off-the-shelf' proven reliable designs that can do what you need?

Why have you rejected the SGZC12RC which was recommended in your previous topic?

-

Random question, does anyone know of any manufacturers who may be interested in working out some sort of bulk deal on a custom designed dash cam?

quantity will likely be the deciding factor in what's possible/practical

.......the prospect of having to deal with 2 lots of equipment.....

On the plus side, with two independent cams you still have one working if one fails or the sd card fails or the power adaptor fails or the user does something silly with the settings or forgets to insert a memory card.

I would always favour two independent cams over a dual-channel cam. Malfunctions of cams/power cables/memory cards/user error are all very possible and is why I prefer to run two front cams and one rear cam.

What about a pair of Mobius C2 or JooVuu-X? They don't have the chunky control unit of the SGZC12RC, although they don't have a screen either. The control unit of my SG-RC sits in a cubby hole underneath the centre console.

A combination of things, my glove box is taken up with other equipment, and the prospect of having to deal with 2 lots of equipment.

What I would be after would be something like the https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threa...tealth-cameras-remote-lens-snowden-w007.4708/ setup here, but better all around.

I agree, that's what I'm searching for too. 1080p30 dual "super" stealthy remote cams built into a metal housing to dissipate sensor heat. (super to indicate no LEDs, no silver or white writing towards the outside, black tape mount, etc)

On the plus side, with two independent cams you still have one working if one fails or the sd card fails or the power adaptor fails or the user does something silly with the settings or forgets to insert a memory card.

I would always favour two independent cams over a dual-channel cam. Malfunctions of cams/power cables/memory cards/user error are all very possible and is why I prefer to run two front cams and one rear cam.

What about a pair of Mobius C2 or JooVuu-X? They don't have the chunky control unit of the SGZC12RC, although they don't have a screen either. The control unit of my SG-RC sits in a cubby hole underneath the centre console.

Ughmm, I'd rather get one reliable dual chan unit, thank you. Besides, the other biggest problem aside from reliability I have with my Panorama X2 is that my brand new battery bought last week still drains to 12.4V in under 8 hours.
So, I'd rather have a dual channel unit draining less power than 2 single channel units, less overhead.

Back