Any dashcam to record front back and inside?

The vantrue doesn't seem to have wifi and phone app according to reviews. Very bad! But this one does and it is a 3 channel dashcams I found on amazon. Any onw knows this https://www.amazon.com/gp/B081Q1B2FQ
Suction cups and 4K don't really go together, too much vibration blurring the small pixels. That kind of suction cup was OK for 720, needs a different design for 4K.

But it is also not a 3 channel camera, maybe your link has taken me the wrong place?

link working here and pointing to the 3 channel camera, 2 in the main camera plus one remote camera
Ahh, maybe it is not available in UK so Amazon have randomly redirected me to another product!

Seems to be sort of bulky, and with the lens layout might not work with a near-center mounting as the mirror might block some lower view (if it can fit above the mirror at all) and then you'd lose screen access.

In that regard, the B2W is good as it looks under the mirror with the cabin cam, and the cabin cam does perform well. It just doesn't fit every car well, only most of them. Older designs like the N2Pro expose the whole cam under the mirror. The A129IR is the most flexible of the bunch as far as mounting goes because the cabin cam is remoted, and has very good performance. But these others are 2-channel cams, not 3.

Given the processor and card capabilities we have right now, I can't see a 3 channel cam having more than average vid capability on any channel unless perhaps one or both of the secondary cams is 720p30; that might free up enough resources to allow a good 2K front cam. 1080p isn't all that bad if it's done right and TBH it's good enough for me 95%+ of the time.

I think the OP might want to consider using a 2-channel up front with a separate rear cam- the B1W or 70mai could do OK there and is cheap enough. That would give better performance than any 3-channel can.

Phil

could well be it, they don't like to waste a link and not point you at something, this is where the link goes
That is not what I saw! Used to be able to tell when Amazon sent me the wrong place, now I just can't trust them!

648P30 for the interior might be OK, but not for the rear!

Given the processor and card capabilities we have right now, I can't see a 3 channel cam having more than average vid capability on any channel unless perhaps one or both of the secondary cams is 720p30; that might free up enough resources to allow a good 2K front cam. 1080p isn't all that bad if it's done right and TBH it's good enough for me 95%+ of the time.
We are nearly there for 2K + 1080 + 1080, which is the same number of pixels as a single 4K video, so should be no problem for memory cards etc.
That Zenfox T3 does a decent job with that specification.

The Viofo A139 must be on the way this year too, to do 3 channels properly.

Not sure about the memory card issues that some people are having, might need Novatek to implement an up to date SD card interface on their processors/software before SD cards become 100% reliable again, instead of relying on backward compatibility. Seems SD is here to stay another generation.

I think if you are going to make a 3 channel system, why not make it flexible with remote cameras ( 2 )
In that way you could do: front + cabin + rear / front + cabin + cabin / front + R side + L side

Of course you can not do that with the same one camera housing, not least if you also want to be able to do R side + L side as outside cameras.
So my idea would be to make the housing / the water proof housing so small it could fit inside a outside mount, for example looking down the side of the car.

Giving people options are good i think, just dont give them too many to choose in between.

I am also wondering are there any reason ( financial ) to do inside and outside WP housings / cameras, wouldn't it just be more easy to make them all WP then people could just use it as they like inside or outside.

I am also wondering are there any reason ( financial ) to do inside and outside WP housings / cameras, wouldn't it just be more easy to make them all WP then people could just use it as they like inside or outside.
lens choice is much more limited for external cameras

I think if you are going to make a 3 channel system, why not make it flexible with remote cameras ( 2 )
In that way you could do: front + cabin + rear / front + cabin + cabin / front + R side + L side

Of course you can not do that with the same one camera housing, not least if you also want to be able to do R side + L side as outside cameras.
So my idea would be to make the housing / the water proof housing so small it could fit inside a outside mount, for example looking down the side of the car.

Giving people options are good i think, just dont give them too many to choose in between.
Most people will want to buy a single box camera that has 3 lenses for front + interior + rear built in, or even better one 360 lens, and zero cables. Having to install a power cable reduces the market, for each extra cable the market reduces a bit more, by the time you get to people installing remote waterproof cameras on their side mirrors, there is almost no market left, and that market can be covered by using motorcycle cameras. Viofo's MT1 motorcycle camera installed on my side mirrors worked well, but even I only did a temporary install with magnetic mounts, I'm happier with my current setup of Zenfox T3 providing 2K front + 1080 IR rear facing interior + 1080 rear mounted forward facing interior + Viofo A119 V3 providing 2K rear, that gives 360 coverage, with a few bits blocked by pillars and heads, but with 2K front and back it is much better than any 360 camera. Only problem is that the rear view is not synchronised with the rest, I need a 4 channel camera... probably would have a better market than the waterproof remotes, especially if it came in just 2 boxes, one for the front, one for the rear.

TBH the optimal in my book at least would be to have a single cabin camera, which i would place on my mirror stalk for supreme cabin coverage.
I have also argued for dedicated specialized parking mode cameras, but that you can probably still incorporate in a regular dashcam

The cabin coverage seem mainly to be something uber ASO drivers are interested in, pretty rare you see ordinary people ask for that option, so to me it make sense to just have a single cabin camera you can deploy when needed.
cuz it also seem like the uber drivers, well many of those are not interested in the cabin camera for their private driving, so in a bundle camera you have to be able to turn off that camera and not just block it like a privacy slider on many new laptops to block the camera., cuz the dashcam would still be recording and waste memory card space.
But i also think turning of 1 camera in a 2 or 3 camera setup should be something you can do.

I think cabin cameras will become normal and most people wont worry about privacy, especially when the 2K front + 2K cabin cameras arrive, because with them you have enough resolution out the back window that you don't need a rear camera, then you really can have a 1 wire install. Some people are concerned with privacy, but many people are happy to post videos of themselves driving, and with a cabin camera you have the choice, you don't need to post the video, it only becomes a concern if you think the police might use your video against you, but for that to be a concern you would need to think that you are a bad driver and that the police can seize your video without permission, while most people believe they are better than the average driver and most police can't seize video unless they are investigating a death.

I have no wish for filming myself, i would rather have OBD readouts in the footage if they ever are able to make that work in any car.
While the microphone can pick up the indicators going, it cant do that with the radio going, and many new cars also have pretty silent blinkers.
With a 3 camera system ( 2 remote ) i would contemplate putting the cabin camera on my steering wheel column filming the dash and that way get indicators recorded.

Indicator and brake use are the only OBD information i will be interested in seeing in the footage, steering and gear & throttle ASO like in some Lukas cameras are useless and just clutter the footage.

Seems to be sort of bulky, and with the lens layout might not work with a near-center mounting as the mirror might block some lower view (if it can fit above the mirror at all) and then you'd lose screen access.

In that regard, the B2W is good as it looks under the mirror with the cabin cam, and the cabin cam does perform well. It just doesn't fit every car well, only most of them. Older designs like the N2Pro expose the whole cam under the mirror. The A129IR is the most flexible of the bunch as far as mounting goes because the cabin cam is remoted, and has very good performance. But these others are 2-channel cams, not 3.

I think the OP might want to consider using a 2-channel up front with a separate rear cam- the B1W or 70mai could do OK there and is cheap enough. That would give better performance than any 3-channel can.

Phil
I like the A129 duo for it's small size and design with 3m tape easy installation. It looks like the Anker Roav C1 dashcam I had. Everything was good with that cam except that it is a battery and not supercapicitor. Are you suggesting that I get the A129 DUO IR and then get a separate cam for the rear or get the A129 DUO and get a separate cam for the interior? Once I hardwired, A129 duo or the A129 duo IR, I still can later install and hardwire a separate single camera for the interior or the rear? Will that work? They don't sell single camera for the interior only right?

The A129 duo are just a 2 channel system, either in the IR version using the IR camera as cabin camera, or the regular version using the rear camera as rear camera on the rear window.
Of course you can also use the IR camera on the rear glass, but then you have to turn off the IR lights on the camera as it would otherwise blind itself with IR light reflections in the glass. ( so it is a bad idea )

IMO the A129 DUO IR are the best uber cam as it let you place the little tethered camera anywhere on the top of your windscreen or maybe on the mirror stalk, up high is where you will get the best view of the cabin.
So with that system you just have a front camera to log your driving, which are also enough IMO for most cases / claims against you, cuz that lone camera will log everything you do with your car, and if you drive by the law, well what ever happen off camera surely cant be your fault.
For liability a front camera are a must, that can disproof the most outrageous claims against you, like you swerved and so he hit you or you changed lane ASO what people will lye about when they have rear ended you.
It is nice to have a rear camera, and in general we all recommend getting a dual system if money are not much of a problem.
But you can always add a single camera on your rear window, but then you of course have 2 places to go for footage, but hopefully you will never have to go for footage other than maybe to share something cool you passed by.
you also have to power it back there, some cars have accessory outlets in the back too, just have to make sure its not on all the time cuz they are in some cars, otherwise it is best to tap into 12 volts somewhere and route that out back, it is a good idea to not use too long USB wires due to power loss which you dont get as bad with a 12 V wire.
Now most single cameras will be a little larger than the remote camera of dual channel systems, but it is not a whole lot, depending on the layout in the rear of your car you might even be able to install a single channel camera so it has as small a footprint as the remote camera of a dual system.
The remote camera in the A129 system plug into the remote camera, so if you dont want the camera to run in your day 2 day driving you can just unplug it, and if you do that the front camera can also do 1080 / 60 FPS which it can not do with both cameras operational cuz then it is 1080/30 FPS on either camera.

A camera like the viofo A 129 V3 will be a excellent rear camera too, and it is even 1440 FPS so a little more resolution to capture those little details during the day

O and i just remembered the "Crazy" Americans and only having 1 plate on the cars, and in the front most times i think, so from a hit and run perspective ( at least if he come from behind ) then a rear camera will be nice.
But thankfully hit and run are not something we see often, i have never tried that or even known anyone that have experienced that, so not having a rear camera should not make your paranoid.

I have used dashcams for just about a decade now, and the crazy stuff always happen on the front camera, footage from my rear or side cameras are just B roll in those cases, so for me 99 out of 100 are on the front camera.
The 1 i missed, well it was me getting rear ended and my rear camera not recording it as it was powered from the front of the car with a too long and too cheap USB wire :rolleyes:
but from the front camera its clear i am not to blame, i stop for girl in crosswalk like the Danish traffic code say i must when she are ready to cross like that.

"F" word warning.

you could also have the rear camera mounting to a piece of sheet metal or something folded over, so you can slide it on your sun visor so you dont even have it stuck to anything, so when not driving you can just "throw" it in the glove box.

I used this folded piece of sheet metal for my L side camera for a few years, so the folded metal slide right over the headliner above my rear door, and then the little mobius camera i used had a magnet stuck to it so it just snapped onto the metal "clip"
Work fine even with the window open and doing 130 km/h on the motorway ( MAX speed in Denmark )

A camera like the viofo A 129 V3 will be a excellent rear camera too, and it is even 1440 FPS so a little more resolution to capture those little details during the day
That should have been A119 V3, which I would actually put at the front, and use the A129 1080 cameras for the rear and inside. The 2K resolution is more useful at the front, and generally the A119 V3 will also win on motion blur.

Ooops :rolleyes: yeah if the A129 still come with a long cable like the regular model, then yes that would be better ( i have been awake in 26 hours now so i am not thinking strait.
And i have been tired since i woke up yesterday morning at 9.

Back