Any decent ActionCam products with external mic/line-in? (to record audio)

Street Guardian USA

Retailer
Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
StreetGuardian.CAM Amazon.com
Hey guys, are there any decent ActionCam products with external mic/line-in?

I've been tasked with finding an ActionCam for a small plane we can pipe the radio calls into.
(to record audio from the heat sets/tower chats etc) We'll have to find the right adapters of course, but button line is the camera needs to have audio in. WiFi 4K would be great too, but not required. 1080P would be fine, and the size of the files would be easier to work with actually. Looped recording would also be prefered.

What's available today short of an expensive GoPro? I just started browsing around the Action Camera section a bit but I thought I'd ask for input so I can focus in on the correct reviews quicker.

as mentioned in my review thread, the git1 DOES support external mic. dunno about line in though. it does 1080p30 and loop recording, and can be set to auto-record when it gets power, just like a dashcam. another feature you may like is user-selectable FOV - 160 or 120 degrees. simple menu setting.

@Pier28 Apart from GIT1 already mentioned, Sony 4K is a bit cheaper compared to a GP, it has 4K and external mic support.
I do not have it, so I can not tell you if its worth the price, but according to the specs, its quite good.
If 4K is not required, you can browse around their cheaper models like AS100V with external mic, but no 4k, which from time to time goes as low as 160$.

EDIT : Just noticed the loop recording, I am sure AS100V does not have it, not sure about other, but probably the same.

Last edited:
Back